Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

We've just come through a tornado, and we're under warnings for tonight.  PLEASE any one in Central, Northeastern Missouri, or Southern Illinois ~ heads' up!!  This is a lot nastier storm than I usually see.  And I've never seen a tornado hit here in January. 

Please take all precautions and don't underestimate this one.  It doesn't seem to be slowing down at all  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yikes, Debbie - are you guys okay?  I guess this is the storm that did so much damage in CA?  Tornados are really rare in January, but there was one in our area not too long ago that came in December.  Everyone stay safe.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Yep, tornadoes are rare in January... so is 60 degree weather... how WACKY!!!  Stay safe everyone!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Be careful and stay safe Debbie.

Laura, I am pretty close to you up here near Green Bay and we too are having some wacky weather right now.  Rain,  and  heavy thunder storms.  It is pouring!  And it's January! We never get rain this time of year.

Be safe.  Everyone. :hug:

We got up to an unheard of 70*F today!!  I've been jumpy for the past few days because the weather is so unseasonal.  The other shoe dropped today, and that stormfront more than made up for my imaginations. 

Tornadoes can and do occur year round, but Missouri is pretty stable normally with cold fronts over it for the month of January.  I've been through thunderstorms in December and January, but this one's a rough, rough ride. 

Thankfully (more like MIRACULOUSLY) we came out unscathed (and knock on wood for good measure).  Critters all fine, even vehicles managed to make it through the hail without damage.  How I'm not sure, and our old house, bless its heart, stood rock solid for us yet again.  I think we're just now finishing with the storm here. 

Mostly I wanted to give a heads up to those to the east of me.  This was a very strong storm!  It had winds worthy of the Pacific Ocean in winter with the first hit, and some very heavy rains that promptly caused flooding because the ground is frozen.  The tornados were to topping.  Please, do take serious heed if the weather stations issue warnings for your area.   :hug:  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I hope that you have battened down the hatches Debbie and stay safe.
Thinking of you.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

I hope that all those in line for the storm stay safe, Debbie I hope it dies down before it gets to you.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh Debbie I'm so pleased that you and everything is ok after the tornado. Keep safe my friend and everyone else in line for the storm make sure you take all precautions to stay safe too.

Thinking of you all, hugs, Jane.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

:hug: Thanks everyone :hug:  We really did get extremely lucky yesterday. 

We spent all of last night with a second storm.  I don't feel like I've gotten any sleep at all f010.gif  We're still under a tornado warning until 5am and the radar shows a very large, very scary storm.  I'd say those to the east of us had best brace for the second storm today....although it didn't hit nearly as hard as the first one.  At least not here. 

The hardest bit is with our ground being froze solid, all this rain has nowhere to go.  I daresay Blossom's field will look like a swimming pool this morning  f005.gif

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

This weather is so strange.  Here it is January and I have my doors and windows open.  I guess that storm is heading our way.  We are already under watches for this evening.

clare14 Country Bears
England

Gosh, the weather is SO SCARY nowadays - stay safe everyone   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

bear_sad  Kinda worried about our TTers to the east of me.  I've seen where WI got some damage, and they haven't posted where yet, but a freight train had several cars lifted from its tracks.   bear_ermm  I seriously would not have wanted to be anywhere near that! 

Millie, did you guys come through okay?  Just wondering about you, and Chrissi in Ohio, and Judi up north....  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Lynn Wisconsin

Hey Deb, I live in a western suburb of Milwaukee and when I picked my kids up from school it was pouring down rain, very strange for this time of year.  By the time we got home we were under a tornado warning and there was a tornado on the ground moving northeast out of Illinois. That would have put it in our area in about 30 minutes.  Luckily it turned and started moving directly East and missed us all together.  I know there was damage to some buildings and trees in Wisconsin, but I haven't heard of anyone being hurt. 

Judi is about 2 hours North of where I am, so I don't think this storm affected her.

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Joseph's flying back to Chicago today. I'm praying for good weather across the country.

Thanks for letting me know Lynn.   bear_flower   I'm really glad it missed your home and family  :hug:

Marlys I'm sure your son will be safe  :hug: They're very cautious at O'Hare with the winds and storms.

What weird weather!  Whatever happened to snow for winter?  bear_wacko

Board footer