Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Rochesterstandedit.jpgFor those of you curious to see all my recent 'Dickens' bears exhibited at the show, here's a pic of my stand before opening!

All bar one of the bears have now gone off to new homes.  Sadly, the show was very, very quiet but those bears who didn't find new homes on the day, were quickly snapped up that evening over the internet!  'Pumblechook' is the only bear waiting to find his perfect new owner and he's currently being auctioned on Ebay.  Needless to say, he was the biggest and most expensive bear on the table!  :rolleyes:

Here's hoping that with continued effort and enthusiasm, we can get the spark back into our favourite shows here in the UK!  bear_thumb 

My next show is the 'British Bear Fair' on the 11th December at Hove, Near Brighton in the UK.  It used to be a lovely Christmas show, but it quietened down dramatically and I haven't exhibited there for a few years, so I am looking forward to it and keeping my fingers crossed for a lively day!  I shall be taking my Christmas tree for the table to help put a little festive zing into things!!

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Paula....very few artist bears give me an overwhelming desire to hug them...but yours would have the be the most huggable I have ever seen! If I had been at that show, I would have to have bought one of them, and I don't collect bears! I think because they are so large, they bring out the child in me ya know? They make me feel small again, cos kids teddies are usually relatively large compared to the child.
I love, love, LOVE your stand..it looks so professional and is set out beautifully. I'm glad you sold so well. I didn't really understand what you meant about some selling on the internet later that evening though.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Boy you make great bears Paula,  how long have you been making them they are so beautiful good luck a the show.fran

Kent
Website

Glad you enjoyed seeing the stand!   bear_original bear_laugh :cool:

Hayley, the show had very few visitors on the day and so I had bears left looking for new homes by the time the show closed.  What I meant by selling on the internet that evening, was that after the show, the people who had emailed me expressing an interest in the bears if they didn't sell at the show, were offered first refusal on those that hadn't sold in Rochester and fortunately, found their new homes that way!  :dance:

Fran, I have been designing bears for more than ten years - almost forever!  bear_happy

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Your bears look so big.... They look so lovely on their own but together they are wonderful together as a group!  Congrats on selling them though I am not surprised!!!!  bear_thumb

Pipa UK

Oh Paula the stand (The Bears) look amazing!!! it must be magnificent to see one of your bears in the fur. you just wanna pick them up and cuddle them !!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Just beautiful Paula! Wonderful display Hon!

Many Hugs Louise

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Fantastic display, Paula!!   :clap:  :clap: Your bears look great on the table and I'm so glad all but one were adopted . . . and I'm sure that last one will sell on ebay!  Good luck at your next show!  :pray:  :pray:

vkallum Humble-Crumble Collectors Bears
Essex, England
Website

Wow Paula, that is an impressive stand!  The bears all look stunning.

Vicky

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Hi Paula
Love your stand  bear_thumb Its great seeing all your big babies together  :angel:
Sorry it was so slow, but at least all but one found new homes bear_original  that is terrific and really shows how lovely your work is considering that not many people actually saw them...
Wow 10 years!  I thought I'd been making them for a long time at nearly 6 years lol. 
Our shows are quieting down here too, so lets hope we all get more interest next year!
hug sarah  bear_flower

Kent
Website

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

The shows here in the UK are unpredicatable at the moment.  The prestigious 'Winter Bearfest' in Kensington in February was really swinging again this year, just like old times, but the smaller local fairs (of which we have way too many!) seem to be fading fast.  With luck, this will take us back to the days of fewer, but far better quality shows.

I have only exhibited at two shows this year, I have a third on December 11th; that used to be a great show, so I'm staying hopeful!  bear_original

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

aaaaahhhhhhhhhhoooooohhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Your bears Paula are just so:hug:able.
Big sigh!!!!! one of these days......... one of them will be mine........big sigh!!!........one day.......... :pray: bear_original       Matilda

Big :thumbsup:for your table. bear_original

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Hi Paula, what a fabulous stand - sorry to hear the show was so quiet but at least your bears have found loving new homes.  Fingers and toes crossed for you for the show in December.

Hugs
Catherine

Board footer