Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Chunkyface.jpgReading the messages here about pets I thought I would share my dogs story with you all. I had a very worrying time whilst I was in hospital the other week as my beautiful boy Cavalier King Charles spaniel, Chunky was dreadfully ill. His face has dropped and flattened one side and he drools from that side. He also was walking around in circles and could not walk in a straight line also his eyes were tracing. The vet said that he has a neurological disorder. I'm pleased to say that he has responded well to treatment and has found a new lease of life. Although he is blind he has started to play again, something that he has not done for such a long time. He has his appetite back and is demanding his food once again. (bless him) he will never be 100% again as his face has not recovered and he still drools a little (Yuk! I hate drool ) I was so worried about him whilst I was away from home but my kids did a great job and he will I hope improve even more. My son David is relieved that he doesn't has to hold Chunky up anymore whilst he goes to the loo, poor baby was falling over each time. David said it will take him a very long time to get the smell out of his nose.  ;)

Jane

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Jane,
Thanks for your email, I hope you're feeling much better now..you're poor little Chunky sounds like he might have had a slight stroke, with the side of his face dropping, but I'm glad the medication has been of some help, I can imagine how worried you must have been, with all your own health scares, then Chunky getting sick too it must have really added to your stress.
My better half??? had a little dog that was blind, she was quite old and had also developed diabetes, but it's amazing to see how animals cope usually much better than people.. anyway I hope Chunky will be okay, and you take care too..
big hugs,
Denise
ps I'll write you later.. :hug:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Awww Jane!  I'm glad the treatment is helping!  It's amaznig what they can do for our beloved furry family members these days bear_original

Deb Upstate New York

Oh Jane, I'm so glad medicine/treatment is effective.  These are incredible doggies.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh Jane!  He's such a little sweetie!  Glad to hear that he's responding well.  Animals bring such joy to their human companions, and enrich our lives so deeply, just by being their furry little selves!  It's so wonderful when we humans can use what we know to make their lives a bit better as well! 

Beray truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Poor baby!  Give him a :hug: for me!

Pipa UK

aww what a cutie. Im glad he is responding to treatment ! How old is he ??

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

WHat a Darling, glad he is doing much better.. Winney

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awww Jane, what a worry for you.   He reminds me of my parents Shihtzu, she's 14 and is blind too, she has good days and bad days.   Sometimes, we think, well this is it, then the next day she's acting like a teenager, well a bit of an exaggeration but you know...........   They recently moved house and she kept bumping into things and falling down the stairs because she couldn't see where she was bless her, she's a bit more used to her 'territory' now!!

Take good care of each other, he's the sweetest!!  :hug:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Little Chunky is a darling! Awwwwwwwwww  :hug:

I've got an older dog myself (14.5), and it can be most alarming to watch their ups and downs. But there is something extra-specially sweet about an older dog. I'm glad Chunky is still with you, Jane!

Eileen

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

GOOD ON CHUNKY!!!  So glad he responded to the medication!  I really know how much we value our animal companions . . . and how sad it is to let them go.  That's wonderful news, Jane!!  :clap:  :clap:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

OOoh King Charles Cavaliers are my favourite doggies.  GOod luck with him, his face melts my heart!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Oh Jane - sorry to hear about poor dear Chunky and glad that he is feeling better with the medication.
It is a worry when our pets are not well and not able to talk to us.
I hope the continues to improve and feel much better.

Jugs
Carolyn

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Thanks so much for the lovely messages about my darling Chunky. I know he has a funny name but he was named Chunky by the lady who bred him. When he was born he was a BIG puppy. I have had so many people laugh at his name but it really does suit him, he is a really large sized Cavalier, not that he is overwieght.
Pipa to answer your question, he will be nine years old on the 30th of October.

Jane bear_original bear_original

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

:hug: All the best to both of you . Youre both special to each other. :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Chucky is such an adorable dog.  I'm glad he is doing much better Jane.  What a worry !

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Jane,
I'm sorry about Chunky, but I'm glad he is responding to treatment.  I hope he continues to get better.  He's so cute!   :hug:

I call one of my mom's cockers Chubby just because he's a big cocker (his real name is Fred).  He also responds to Chubby just like he does to Fred. 

Chrissie

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

oh Jane, I'm so sorry about Chunky..but at least he is improving..I find it so hard when my dogs are sick...they can't tell me whats wrong and it makes me feel so helpless...
big hug to you and your poochie
sarah

Board footer