Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

staticbear76 Posts: 222

im thinking about making a dream bear i hae been drawing for years and want to use the shiny wrinkly leather for the bottoms of the feet is there a good place to get some in all colors,  i have seen some awesome bears over the years like one that is 3 feet tall pure black with brown muzzle, and black shiny leather for the soles of the feet and it is super wrinkly and i just loved that bear but missed out on getting it so im going to try to make one similar to it and a hula panda with white shiny wrinkly leather on the soles of the feet and ill keep drawing up some neat designs for bears and hope someone would like them.

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

have you tried Tandy, it's a leather company. Not sure about the wrinkled leather but they might get you closer to what you are looking for. hope that helps.

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

I've seen faux leathers like these at Hancock's. By the yard - for upholstering furniture and end-of-bolt pieces.

When looking for smaller pieces, don't forget to check the resale shops for gloves (fabulous supple kid leathers and in colors) small pieces of luggage, old leather fashion boots and coats. Good bargains on leathers with lots of character!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original I love using leather!

I'd try eBay. I won a pile of nice leather coats and jackets . They're all colors of the rainbow, plus naturals, shiny on the outside and suede on the inside. I think they cost me about $5 apiece, including postage.

thank you all so much you all are the greates i have lots of inspiration and want to make some real neat bears thank you.

ciderantiques Ciderantiques and Old Soul Bears
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Hi, Have you tried a local thrift shop ~ Good Will, Salvation Army etc.   You can find old worn out gloves and leather skirts.  You may just find the shine you want and the leather will already be broken in for that vintage look.   No shipping costs and you get to see it up close (check the color, shine etc).   I have had good luck with worn out leather gloves.    Nice on the pocket book too : ).  Karen

thank you so much ill look around and get some cool leather thank you.

i dont know why but i have a fondness for wrinkly bear feet and bunny feet and for the sound of static.

Board footer