Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC01102.JPGDSC01103.JPGDSC01101.JPGDSC01096.JPGas long as it doesn't involve trig....fractions.....long division......

I met on line a gal who raises Angora goats, and she lives about  2 hours away, here in Oregon, and she sold me a pound of shearings from one of her goats....

I now know why it costs so very very much for mohair....the washing process alone took several days-the rinsing took another day, the drying all night and then came the brushing.

imagine baby fine hair never beeing brushed for oh maybe ten years.....

The brusing of enough of the wool to make one wig took 3 movies.....; over several days

then i could make the wig....and after it was glued on I set some of the longer locks on the smallest permenant rods I could find:

And I am quite pleased with the results......

dilu

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Dilu !! that was a lot of work, but the results are fantastic.  What gorgeous hair.  I just love these new dolls that you are working on.    You have a real talent for them.  Bravo  :clap:

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I have never really used the mohair like you have, but I did have a few angoras at one time.  Should the opportunity ever arise, I will raise angoras again.  They are wonderful creatures.  When that happens, I then will use the hair, so I will get to experience the work that you have.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Dilu wrote:

as long as it doesn't involve trig....fractions.....long division......

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh   Me too!

Your doll is gorgeous Dilu!  And the hair is so professional looking.  WOW. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
BEAUTIFUL!

What an amazingly talented lady you are.  Can't wait to see more of your work...you are full of surprises....

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Dilu what a wonderful job you have done on the wig,  alot of work but the end result is well worth it. The doll is beautiful, looking forward to seeing her finished

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh yes - I totally agree with everyone above . . . outstanding job on the wig and a beautiful face on the doll!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

All I can say is Wow, that is alot of work!! She looks beautiful!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Thanks guys, i appreciate your kind comments, and Millie, I bet you are kicking yourself, but you know better than any of us the amount of work that went into raising those delightful little fleece-givers....I hope you get your goats again though! 

I plan on going over to Tiller and meeting this wonderful lady in person, she is such a delight to write to.

It was alot of fun trying this and I half the rest soaking in hot soapy water....I think there is enough left to make 6-10 wigs....

Regarding my little girlikins-  I don't quite have them to the state I would feel comfortable selling them-they may look great, or good, but the porcealin isn
t quite right....they don't feel right, they aren't transluscent enough, and. hmmmmm  i could go on....

Judi, my golly porcelain is almost done....I have to finish painting the face.....

hugs and thanks guys

di

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Dilu, congratulations your a clever girl, well done.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :hug:

Board footer