Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

NewelleyBears Newelley.Bears
Harrow, Ontario

Hey Guys & Gals...

I have been a fan of TBCI magazine for a while and I was just wondering if any fellow TT'ers have an iMag subscription to the magazine.  As it is soooo expensive to subscribe to physical copies of the magazine, I thought maybe this may be a better option for me.  Are the issues in a downloadable PDF format?  Would you recommend the iMag subscription?  Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks
Jeremy

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Jeremy - I'm PMing you.

ivuska.h Anavy teddy bears

Hi, I have the subscription from X-mas (a present from my husband) and it works fine. It's not a pdf file (unfortunately) but a flash-animated application that runs in your web browser. The only way you can download a site from the magazine is to do a screenshot (or at least I didn't find any other way).

Iva

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

There IS a way you can get it as a pdf.  If you have a pdf printer program, you can click on the "print" option and then choose your pdf printer as your printer and save it on your hard drive.

K Pawz Guest

Hi Jeremy, I am with Daphne on this one! I will PM you as well.

hugs,
Krista

Is that anything secret or why are you using PM's ?  bear_grin (just asking)

Iva

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Iva - the paper magazine is wonderful - but our experience with the iMag subscription has not been a positive one. It's not maintained properly and we've found it to be a waste of money - for which they don't give refunds by the way.

Kirste, the editor is a wonderful woman, and pops on here from time to time. I'd hate for her to see us posting negative feedback about the magazine even though I'm assuming the subscription department and technical online stuff has nothing to do with her. She does a fantastic job with the magazine and I applaud her. Sometimes it's better to leave the negative stuff to private communication so it doesn't have a snowball effect or hurt someone's feelings.

I have a subscription to the magazine as well as the iMag. I LOVE the paper magazine and will continue to subscribe to it.... it's so much fun to get in the mail each month and is full of eye candy, the print and paper quality are wonderful and its worth the money!!! In my opinion, anyway!
bear_original

K Pawz Guest

I agree, the magazine is amazing! And Kirste is a wonderful editor, and the printed magazine is fabulous!!! but the I-mag is a tad annoying in that I thought a subscription would allow you to have access to the online content before it was made public for free, which is not the case. So I would just hate for someone else to spend money when it is already available.

But like Daphne said I am sure the subscription department is totally different from the Editorial aspect, and probably something that Kirste has no control over. These are all concerns I have disscussed with the subscription department already.

hugs,
Krista

OK, thanks for explanation... A bit late for me though  bear_rolleyes

Iva

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

I agree that the iMag can be frustrating at times and I don't get notified that a new edition is available until after most people receive their paper copies. For me it was the only way I could subscribe to the mag because of the cost.

Hugs,

pma2003 Seamore Collectibles
CT

I love the magazine.
And again Kirste, is a wonderful person to deal with and has a great passion for bears and the Artists.

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I got a iMag subscription a couple of months ago. I still cannot download the magazine  :mad:. I have emailed them for help and am still waiting. Not too impressed.

Marion

I had a similar problem -- they didn't sent me anything until I wrote several e-mails... It's OK now.

Iva

Board footer