Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

just got this in an email - fabulous!

The Kiss...

He had just saved her from a fire in her house, rescuing her by carrying her out of the house into her front yard, while he continued to fight the fire.

She is pregnant.

When he finally got done putting the fire out, he sat down to catch his breath and rest.

A photographer from the Charlotte, North Carolina newspaper, "The Observer," noticed her in the distance looking at the fireman.

He saw her walking straight toward the fireman and wondered what she was going to do.

As he raised his camera, she came up to the tired man who had saved her life and the lives of her babies, and kissed him, just as the photographer snapped this photograph.  Scroll below:

zzzthekiss_3.jpg

AND PEOPLE SAY ANIMALS ARE DUMB!

hugs,

Brenda

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub AWWWWHHHHHH...now that is just special and sweet beyond belife!!!  bear_cry AWwwwhhhhh  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

puca bears puca bears

Oh - that is SO lovely , Brenda (she says, reaching for a tissue!).........and now my not dumb (?) dog is wondering "why the tears"?!
Thanks for sharing
huggies
Maria

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Very, very sweet, Brenda! :)

People who say animals are dumb don't know animals.  I swear, my escape artist dog Maggie has now learned to wake me up by depressing the latch on our front door handle, which she does AFTER she wriggles out of her six foot, mesh-topped, chain-link kennel, and THEN climbs over a second six foot wood plank yard fence by JUMPING to the top edge and then scooching her body over the top.  Every day, all day long she does this.  She's maybe the smartest dog on earth.

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Awe, that is so sweet. And anyone who said animals are dumb never had a pet.

Hugs!
Melanie

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

What a sweet picture!!.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Awesome, I just love it!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Animals dumb...never. I can put little Lucy to bed and within two minutes she's unlocked the gate and comes running back to me. It's only when I've had to tell her sternly to go to bed that she gives in and curls up with her quilt and pillow. I'm sure she can see me smiling under my frown.  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

I agree with everyone - it is just a special moment with one of our wonderful animals.  I couldn't stop re-reading it and staring at the picture!

Shelli,  I sympathize with you on that one -  we had a dog like that -  Tyler.  He was a Gordon Setter/Siberian husky cross.  He literally ATE our couch, so hubby built a 6 foot pen.  He could climb it by putting his feet in the holes of the chain link fence, until he was high enough to jump the rest!  The other problem was that he was quite agressive and as he got bigger, it got worse.  Obedience class did nothing to correct it, so we found him a home with a staff member at Neil's workplace, who lived in a remote, rural area.  There were three teenage sons who came to adore  him, and trained him to retrieve.  He turned into a fabulous bird dog and he loved to go hunting.  After the boys were grown and gone off to school, the dad died and Tyler was the PERFECT guard dog for the mum, who was alone. NOBODY bothered her, because they knew Tyler would bite anyone who threatened her. 

We missed  him, but never regretted giving him to a new home.  We knew where they lived, and every spring we would drive over to Quebec, to see if he was still there.  He lived to be fifteen years old and had a good life.  If we had kept him, I'm sure he would have bitten someone, eventually.  I think there is a "perfect" home for every dog - we just had to find it. 

hugs,

Brenda

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

Brenda,
Could you forward the email to me. I want to send it to some friends. nancy@dogpatchcritters.com
Thanks!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Sooooo touching!  I've never understood anyone that doesn't like animals - but, I guess they have their reasons.  What an understanding, compassionate pup!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

That is just so sweet.  Animals dumb?  Absolutely not.  Sometimes my animals are so smart that they aggravate me.  But I just can't imagine my life without them.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I have seen this.  love it!

lulu sweet souls
canton, new york

Ooooh, thank you so much for posting this, Brenda.  It made my day!
hugs, Louisa

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Precious picture. She'll be a very good mommy. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

How lovely, such a heart warming story and picture. Thanks for sharing it with us.  bear_wub

Regards

Lisa

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Lovely  story Brenda bear_wub
We have a Dobermann and they are very intelligent and lovable dogs.
Laurie :hug:

Krys SoCal

According to snopes...real picture, inaccurate description..see link below to read more:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/gratitude.asp

Board footer