Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Abe2TT.jpgThis is Abe.  He's just under 8" in height. I don't know if you'll remember, but a while ago I posted the tale of my own 1960's childhood elephant and the replica I made as a keepsake for my new baby niece.  Well, as is the way with these things, one thing led to another and the next thing I know, is I'm drawn to working my design into a vintage style elephant!  'Abe' is the outcome.  I was aiming for primitive vintage charm and he's so far removed from what I do normally, I'm not sure what to make of him; if nothing else, I think he'd work very nicely as a companion for a vintage (or vintage styled) ted ... or am I being too hopeful?    Answers on a postcard please and don't worry, I don't think I'll be giving up my day job any time soon! :P

AbeTT.jpg AbebackTT.jpg

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

"Primative vintage charm" is what you are aiming for and I do believe you have hit it!!!! He is very charming and looks like has been a good friend to someone from the cradle on!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

A VERY winsome little fellow, Paula!  Ya gotta use him for something because he's super!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

I think he'll make a lovely companion to a vintage bear. He certainly has a sweet vintage quality to him.

Kent
Website

Well fancy that!  Such nice comments ... thank you!  I keep looking at him out of one eye to see if I like him and I must admit, I think I kinda do.  He's cuter in the fur than the pics and he was fun to make.  Now I'm thinking he might like a little teddy bear friend in the same style ... I have probably got just enough fabric leftover to make a matching ted ... so, we'll see!  bear_original

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I love Abe. He looks quite loved and loveable. I especially like the way his little trunk is raised. He looks quite proud of himself.

Speaking of elephants, did anyone see on the national news a story about Animal Planet filming shows of animals in the wild and use elephants to get closer than any human has ever been able to get before. They've trained elephants to carry cameras in their trunk with the cameras disguised as tree limbs. The other animals are so used to the elephants, they are able to come right upon them. They've been trained to drop the disguised cameras in a certain way as to be able to film the tigers as they naturally behave. Very interesting and very smart elephants.

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

I think he's SUPER cute!!!  bear_wub

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I think I know whats bugging you Paula. You put so much detail into your bears and patterns that when you 'go simple' for the look you think somethings missing. In fact I think its really hard to keep it simple and get this look, so you've done brilliant!!! Its really very well done and captures a long ago charm. A bear would be a great addition.

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

"Only ahis mother could love him"........................you wicked woman bear_whistle

He looks very very vintage and very sweet, I know its very different to your bears but LOVE him he is worthy of it :hug:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Paula I think you have captured the vintage style very well, Abe is lovely.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

He is a doll!  You have done an incredible job!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Paula, "Only his mother could love him" ?  Well...I love him too.  bear_wub  He's absolutely lovely. bear_wub

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

He's very cute Paula....I recently made an attempt at an elephant too and also decided it would go with another bear cos I wasn't sure whether I liked him or not!....so I know how you feel.....but don't worry Abe is a great little guy  bear_wub
hugs Lynne  :hug:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I spotted ABE on my out the other day so wasn't able to make a comment. Boy do I like this one.
He's brilliant Paula. What a splendid friend he will make for your bears.  The best thing Paula is you can go wild experimenting with him and he will always be splendid.
Wendy bear_thumb

Bearlyn Bears Posts: 13

bear_wub He is just oh sooooo  delightful
Regards
Lynne

Kent
Website

Ooh, thanks everyone!  It's been fun to share Abe with you!

Amanda, you've hit the nail on the head, it's so hard to get my head round adjusting to a completely different style and resisting the temptations to treat it in my usual way - simple sure isn't as easy as it looks! bear_tongue

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

simple sure isn't as easy as it looks!

Too right Paula, I have to work really hard to look this simple!  bear_wacko  bear_tongue

Board footer