Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Kristina and I have been thinking about putting on a Teddy show in Edmonton. We were just putting the feelers out to see if there would be any interest in something like this. I was thinking maybe a Spring show for next year. Not really sure though. Any thoughts? Suggestions... anyone interested in attending an Edmonton show?

Hugs,
Melanie

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

I think that would be a fabulous idea Melanie - if you think there is enough interest in Edmonton and area to support a show. I know I was always after Sandy to do a show in Edmonton (when I lived there!) in the hey days of Bear Fair and she insisted there wasn't a big enough market. Of course having it in the spring you would also attract the miniature people and the doll people as their shows are in the fall. Just don't make it the same time as the big antique show! (or else do make it the same time at a close location to get all those out of towners to come to the bear show too???) Actually a little later would be better for me - like May so that I can get there without icy roads!

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Hi Mel, That would be great! I think that spring would be a good time as well because there is so much going on in the fall.

Kristina Kristina Bears
Edmonton
Website

Hey that makes 4 uf us!!!! WOOHOO!!!  :dance: If we can't get enough people, the four of us can get together and swap bears!! :hug:

Kristina bear_smile

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Hi Kristina, that would be good too! :crackup:  :crackup:

Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Lol, yeah, I really don't know what the collector base is right in Edmonton... a show that gets maybe more of the general public involved might spark more people into collecting too..?...  but also I do think people are willing to travel a little to attend a show since there are so few.  I was also thinking Red Deer as an option... would get collectors from Edmonton and Calgary.  ? Just seeing what people think so any opinons are welcome.
Well, I will wait too hear more feedback. 

Bear Hugs!
Melanie

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

I would be interested as well.  Spring without bad roads sounds good to me!!

Kristina Kristina Bears
Edmonton
Website

A spring show would be nice! Everyone is eager to get out and enjoy the nice weather!
Kristina

Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Lol, so I take it there is not too much interest in an Edmonton show.. lol.

Hugs!
Melanie

K Pawz Guest

I would be interested as well, sorry have been off of here for a bit trying to play catch up, and down with a cold....Spring would be wonderful!!!

On a different note, has anyone heard from Heather on the Calgary Show? If it is a go I really need to start planning, if I wait to long I won't be able to go. Custom work is starting to come in so need to block off time to get show stuff ready.

hugs,
Krista

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Melanie, maybe trying sending a PM to any others on here you think might be interested - like Cheryl for one, and Heather - as it is so easy for people to miss posts if they are not on here  a lot.

As for Heather's show, Krista, the last I heard she was waiting to get a date from the hotel so maybe she is having trouble with that.  So many artists need to know about a year in advance to plan for doing shows but a lot of the hotels will not let small shows book so far in advance any more (I know the doll club in Edmonton has problems with booking their venue ahead now) Hopefully we'll hear from her soon - or you could PM her as she doesn't seem to be on here as much recently.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Hi Melanie. I sure wish we could join you all. Just a very bad time in the Carrick house. I truly hope all who attend have a wonderful time and marvelous sales!

Hugs Louise and Garnet

Kristina Kristina Bears
Edmonton
Website

I haven't heard anything about the Calgary show either. I did post a message earlier. I hope to find out something soon!

Kristina

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

I'd be interested in a show in Edmonton too.  I was just about to start a post asking if there were any when I saw this post.  Let me know if you plan anything!  Thanks!   :hug:

Amoryllis Amoryllis Studios
Edmonton, Alberta
Website

I'm definately interested bear_laugh I'll have a couple of bears to show there bear_original

Board footer