Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Jane (Doodlebears):  this one is especially for you, though I think others will also enjoy the story about Cheeta (yes, the original Cheeta from the early Tarzan movies) who lives the life of a pampered retiree in Palm Springs. He's having a birthday.

http://www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a … 8804120304

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Happy birthday, Cheeta!  Wow, he's looking a little long in the tooth.   :bday:  :cake:  :bday:  :cake:  :bday:  :cake:  :bday:  :cake:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_shocked  OMG ~ THE Cheeta is still alive?!  Wow!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   Happy Birthday Cheeta!!!  :bday:   You've no idea how often you inspired me as a kid  bear_laugh   Yep, swinging from the jungle gym and screaming my lungs off  bear_rolleyes   Ooh ooh ooh OOH!   :crackup:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Thanks Marlys, it's amazing that this guy is still going strong, especially if you read his life story, so sad. He must have one strong set of genes to have gotten him through everything. At least he has a happy home for his retirement...what a guy! chimp!  bear_grin

Happy Birthday Cheeta

Thanks again.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I had just read this yesterday and then went next door to my Dad's and there he was watching an old old Tarzan movie. I was able to tell him that Cheeta was still alive and well!
My Dad was remembering that this Tarzan movie was the first movie he saw in a theater when he was about 14 - he's 88 now.
Marion

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Hi Jane. Yes, it's sad it had addictions...not something we thing of with animals. I imagine in the 40s and 50s people weren't so aware of animal rights. He does seem to enjoy the good life now, though.

Marion, what a great opportunity of sharing Cheeta with your dad just as he was watching a Tarzan movie. I hope he was happy to hear about Cheeta. What amazing memories your dad must have from his 88 years.

Board footer