Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

When you have broken all 8 felting needles you have in the spane of 2 days! This is what I tried, and it works.
I took the broken tip and super glued it into the plastic end of my quilting pins. 
It will do the trick for me untill I get to the hobby store to buy some more  bear_tongue

feltingneedle.jpg

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

You are so clever! They should put something like that on the tops of them anyway... make it easier to hold and to color code! I think you are on to something, Roxanne! Tell Wiz Pik and all the other needle companies... I'm sure Bobbie has a very complete list! Course then I suppose they wouldn't fit into the needle holders that are out there and I'm sure there is some other reason why they have that little right angle at the end. But it could be an "optional" way to buy needles!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Very cool idea Roxanne bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Don't worry too much though......the more you needle felt the less needles you'll end up breaking. bear_thumb

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

THAT IS SOOO INNOVATIVE OF YOU ROXANNE! No, I'd never thought about re-using the tips And I do have those flower pins too...  Wish I'd thought if it - it's such a great idea.

They will penetrate only that 1" length, but that's all you need to do in the finishing stages anyway. I wrecked the right main thumb joint with over-rotation during all of the mini sewing for so long, but if you have pretty strong finger joints, this is like doubling the life of your needles.
(Now - why didn't I think of that!!??) bear_grin

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Thanks y'all! I really do hope that I will be breaking less needles soon! I dont know why, but when I do break one I let out a yell and then someone comes running to see what had happened.
It's so frustrating when they break.   bear_angry

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Talk about brilliant!!!! I just love clever ideas like this. BRAVO

Wendy :dance:  :dance:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Roxanne how brilliant!!!!!!  I'm always trying to find ways to save money here and there so I can spend it on what I really want to spend it on... bears!!!

DraigAthar Draig Athar Designs
New Hampshire
Website

Now that's just brilliant. How come I never thought of that? :)

Amy

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Thank you for the clever idea !!!
bear_flower

chris009av Real Deal Bears

How clever of you  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

How we live and learn. Thanks for sharing this great idea.

Lynette

JulietK julietk
London

I have never seen those little flower pins they are a good idea , but the needle that break long enough i make new handles for them from friendly plastic.
felt.jpg

Board footer