Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Annnik JustMerde
Bells & Sherman, Texas
Website

I was going through some old things in our storage and found a couple of old patterns that were either my mom's or my grandma's...

One was a 1978 Raggedy Ann & Andy pattern from McCall's.  Now, mind you, these patterns weren't in their orignal packaging, but rather a big zip lock bag.  So I assumed someone had made these and kept the pattern for future reference.  Then probably my mom found them and placed them in the bag.

I thought, hey, I'm gonna check out Andy's hat and see how it was made.  So I took the pattern out and not only has the pattern NOT been used, but it had the orginal face iron-on transfers in it.  And two transfers of the two of them in cartoon form, I suppose to print on a child's shirt or something... BUT it also had the "I love you" heart transfer!!!

My grandmother had made me a set 40 odd years ago and of course, she NEVER used a pattern!!  Oh!! Such memories of those dolls!! 

Sorry, I just had to share my fun find!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

How wonderful for you  bear_thumb such wonderful memories!
We look forward to seeing your Raggedy Anne and Andy when you have finshed them.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Life is full of the most delightful surprises Ann.

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I so enjoyed going through my Mom's old patterns after she passed away. I also have her old Raggedy Ann & Andy patterns - in a ziplock. She made so many of them over the years. I had never gotten a set but a year before she died she made a set so I complained bitterly tht I didn't have and she surprised me with a set as well! I'll enjoy passing them on to my granddaughter some year in the future.  bear_wub

Marion

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a treasured find, Ann!

Board footer