Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Hehehehehehe, you waited for them, didn't you?
So here are some photos of the inside of my house now we are settled in.
We will keep making changes inside, but this is a good start...

So, please, come through the kitchen door to enter.

cuisine1mn3.jpg

Not too bad, isn't it?

cuisine2ux8.jpg

Enough for the kitchen. Now follow me in the living room. Stop at the door and take time to see everything!

sejour1hu7.jpg

I really love this buffet (unless you say sideboard?) we found in a second hand shop.

Next to it you can see the chimney mantle.

sejour2sj4.jpg

The door you can see leeds to the bathroom (which I did not photograph as there is nothing interesting to show you there).

Facing the chimney mantle : the sofa (not a comfy one, but changing it in far to be our priority number one).

sejour3pg5.jpg

The patchworks were handmade by a lovely French lady.

Right, now we must go back to the kitchen to reach the stairs to go upstairs.

Just upstairs, there was enough space to install my cabinet. Inside and on its top, I installed as many Cheeky bears as I could (from my Merrythought collection). 

palier1an0.jpg

Lets have a look inside the bedroom. There, we still have some work to do : note the floor : there is a part missing we hided the best we could time to fix it. Malko removed the boxing of the chimney tube as well as the tube. He already filled the hole in the ceiling. Luckily, we had something to hide the wall too before we rearrange it!!!

On the bed, you can see our kitty, who loves to have her nap there.

chambre1xe9.jpg

chambre2rl3.jpg

And to finnish the visit, come in the working studio!

bureau1fk5.jpg

bureau2ki9.jpg

I now have a sewing space!!!! We may had a wooden table inside (one of the shelves would move inside the bedroom).

Facing, we put our desks :

bureau3lq3.jpg

bureau4ez8.jpg

Guess which one is mine? (see where are the bears...).

We have lots of plans for our house, but we have just moved in and there is no emergency...

Oh, to the people who did not know it : I collect bears and Malko collects clocks.

To finnish, here is a photo of our kitty on one of her favourite places :

anubis1sg8.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the visit.

When I can, I will go and take some photos of the landscapes in the surroundings. They are beautiful.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

It looks so lovely Sophie
Beautiful pictures. What a great working room you have got.
Congralulations with your new house.
Thanks for sharing.
:hug:

Kilde Posts: 186

Your new house looks absolutely wonderful, Sophie  bear_flower And how great for you that you now have your own working space. Thanks for sharing with us, can't wait to see more  :hug:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I felt like you were taking me on a personal tour of your new house, Sophie. I'm amazed that you are so settled into your home in such a short time. Everything is in it's place and looks like you've lived there for a long time. Thanks for sharing your new home.

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

How nice your place looks, Sophie. Thank you for inviting us to visit! :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a great place, Sophie . . . and so much wonderful, natural light!  Congratulations on your new home - it's fantastic and so neat!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Sophie,
     It must feel wonderful for you and Malko and kitty to have your very own place!  It's wonderful - full of charm and it looks really cozy.  Congratulations and thanks for taking the time to post pictures.

hugs,

Brenda

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Hi Sophie, Your new house looks just wonderful, so much charm to it.  I think you have done a wonderful job so far and it looks so cosy and inviting.

lulubears Posts: 280

Thanks for the tour.  I absolutely LOVE your floors.  The floor in the kitchen is just plain fun!  The flooring in the living room is very interesting as well.  Upstairs - there is nothing like wood floors is there?  We are planning on taking all of our carpet out except for the two extra bedrooms.  Wood floors - here we come!

I'd really love to have red cork in my kitchen if possible.

Luann

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Oh Sophie it looks really lovely inside, you did really well and so many lovely and interesting pieces of furniture there already, you have been busy.  Its nice that you  have a working studio too.  Love your little black cat.  You will have to send me a pm with your new address as I only have your old one in my address book.

Pauline

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

What a lovely new home you have Sophie.....thank you for the guided tour  bear_thumb  Happy days in your cosy house!  bear_wub
Hugs Lynne  :hug:

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

It is lovely to see inside your house Sophie and I hope you and Malko have many happy years there together.
Laurie :hug:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Wow, you got in and decorated fast!  It's gorgeous!!!  Enjoy your new home!

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Congratulations Sophie on your new home - it looks wonderful!

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

How exciting to be in your own home and it looks so light and airy. Love you older pieces of furniture as we also collect antique pieces. Looks like the cat already rules the house!!!!
Enjoy
Hugs
Gail :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Sophie what a wonderful home you have, thank you for sharing it with us. I hope you and Malko have many many happy hours in your new home, and of course kitty.

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Hi Sophie
What a charming home you have!  Thanks for the wonderful tour you gave us. 
It's always fun to see homes in far away places.  And it's probably the closest I'll ever come to visiting France, which I'd really really love to do.  Maybe someday...
   Laura    bear_flower

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

What a beautiful home!! So light  and bright
and love the wood floors!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Your home is beautiful Sophie and you must be feeling so happy to be in your own home.

Best wishes to you and Malko.

Warmest bear hugs
Carolyn
:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

What a gorgeous home you must be so thrilled bear_wub

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

We surely love very much our house.

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

We love the house itself and we love the little village we live in and our neighbours are lovely. In addition, the landscapes around the village are beautiful, so what to expect more???? The only thing is there is no shop in the village and we need to drive 6 km to reach the closest town with shops, which is not too far after all.  bear_tongue

Thank you very much for your nice comments about our house.  :hug:
Of course, this is far to be a big house, but it is still bigger than the tiny flat we were living in before.
not really everything is in its place, in fact... but most things are.
Some things are supposed to be moving to the attic, but the attic first needs a floor. The attic is "very big" (about 30 m2) but the only problem is that we can stand inside only in its middle lane, because of the shape of the roof. So it may be used only as a storage place. We have a lot of stuff to store, stuff which is currently invading our tiny dressing and outdoor pighouses!
A chance we have been living together for only a few years!!!  bear_tongue  :crackup:

Oh, i forgot to say that the tiles in the house are all as old as the house (a little over one century). We really love a lot the ones in the living-room and may never change them! They are in pretty good shape.  bear_thumb

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

What a lovely and very french looking home you have Sophie.  bear_wub  So nice to see you settled and so happy with your beautiful home. I love your wonderful furniture and it really suits the style of the house. The tiles are great and look like they will last for another century. Thank you so much for the tour!

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

elle Ellifolks
Eastern Ma.
Website

What a beautiful house, Sophie!  I love the way you are decorating it.  Your work room is great!

Hugs,

Ellen

bearkidz bearkidz by Marion Fraile
charlotte
Website

Congratulations, this house looks like a home, very cozy! bear_wub

bear hugs,
Marion

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:photo:   Too neat!!!!!   bear_wub   I loved the photo tour Sophie!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   Your house looks like it could be in one of those house magazines.  Would you like to come decorate my home?   bear_laugh   I think I've collected too much stuff and it doesn't look anywhere near as nice as your home.   bear_wub   

And your kitty has a perfect paradise ~ a window view with a heater!  What more could a kitty ask for?   bear_happy

Board footer