Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

I was planning to blog hop for a wee bit to relax, before heading to bed.  I'm not feeling well and it always cheers me up.  Anyway, I clicked on three blogs/websites in a row with music and I can't handle it, so now I'm just going to bed.

I find it's like someone scrapping a fork on a china plate. It's like "instant panic" and I can't click off of them fast enough.  I dunno - maybe I'm just wacked!  Anyway, now I'm nosey - does anyone else dislike it but me?

hugs,

Brenda

teeeej Brisbane

I find it anoying sometimes when ebay listings have music. Especially if you already have something else playing. Music doesn't really help me buy things on ebay - it usually makes me shut that page. I know peoples my space pages and such have music and theres usually a button to press to turn it of. bear_tongue

WhimzeeBearz Whimzee Bears
Moonee Ponds, Victoria

I'm with you on this one  - NO music pullleeasse !!  Not only does it slow the page downloading but I find it's the equivalent of listening to really reaally bad elevator muzak and makes my ears curl !!   bear_wacko

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hate it! I switch of the sound if someone has added it to their website, blog or auction.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Me too, can't stand it, and usually can't grab my volume dial fast enough. 

Oddly enough, though, years ago I'd just lost my cat and was trolling through websites of breeders, and one breeder had a recording going of a cat's purring.  I went back repeatedly just to listen to her website  bear_wub

bearlykidzbears Bearly Kidz Bears
Lodi, Ca.

I usually keep my speakers turned off :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

I used to have music on my website, then we put a button to turn the music on if the person wanted to. Too many people check sites out at work, and don't want others knowing what they are doing. Since I usually have music on in my house, I don't want it on the computer.............
Ellen

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Me too. Can't turn it off fast enough. Another thing that drives me a little crazy is when "little trails of things" follow my cursor arround the website like butterflies, bubbles or paw prints.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Me too, I usually keep my speakers turned off.... bear_tongue

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Ah, the music.  Doesn't bother me a bit.  That's why we have a volume control. bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
Tami E wrote:

Another thing that drives me a little crazy is when "little trails of things" follow my cursor arround the website like butterflies, bubbles or paw prints.

I can't STAND those things!! Or things "falling"... leaves, snow, etc. Very distracting from what the focus on the website SHOULD be... the content!

I keep my volume on MUTE unless I'm going to a site where I WANT to hear something.

Some eBay auctions have music? Good grief! :doh:

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

don't like the music or the traily thingies! Annoying. As well as pop-ups and other distractions. I avoid pages like that at all costs.

Marion

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I usually keep my speakers turned off

Me, too. It's so much easier to turn the speakers on when I want to hear something. Most of the time, they're turned off.

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website
Daphne wrote:
Tami E wrote:

Another thing that drives me a little crazy is when "little trails of things" follow my cursor arround the website like butterflies, bubbles or paw prints.

I can't STAND those things!! Or things "falling"... leaves, snow, etc. Very distracting from what the focus on the website SHOULD be... the content!

I'm with you guys! The music and the trailing things and the falling things drive me nuts. bear_wacko  I like a clean site where I can admire the content, not the frills. I am a proofreader who works from home, and I need to have my speakers on for some of our multimedia pieces...I am not amused by music on a site, especially when there's no off button or it's really hard to find on the page!

That said, it's not too often I find music...just seems to be more often lately.

~Debora

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

There is nothing more annoying usually than music disturbing your thoughts as you venture through a website!  Sometimes, it comes on SO loud when you are not expecting it and sends me into a panic to get to the mute button!  I went onto one website that had a moving background which I think was meant to represent the "stars at night" moving around and I really felt quite sick after a while and had to leave!

But, there is always an exception - I know of one very tasteful website that has Stevie Nicks - Fleetwood Mac playing, and I often go there just to listen to the song and turn my volume up nice and loud!  Mmm,  maybe I will just pay it a visit .......

Keep life simple.

Hugs

Marilyn

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

It's sooo nice to know I'm  not the only one who dislikes music and trappings on a website.  I know there is a volume button, but it's just faster to click off the site. 

I also dislike those trails of stars and things.  It's like you are trying to win a race etc and are supposed to outrun them  :crackup:
Just give me a nice, clean, well thought out site and I'm happy *sigh*.

hugs,

Brenda

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Sometimes, it comes on SO loud when you are not expecting it and sends me into a panic to get to the mute button!

Me too!  Although if it was something I really wanted to see, I turn my volume off then go back to the page.  But often the initial shock keeps me from wanting to go back.

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Yes I HATE it!  I'm usually listening to something else whilst browsing, so annoying for music to come  up on a site, especially if it can't be stopped...

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

yeah, not a fan of the music.   Only because most are really bad tin xylophone versions of whatever the original song was. Bands.....Bands should have music, it's usually done super professionally and you're expecting it.  I'm usually playing a cd on the PC, so muting wouldn't work. 

Cracking up about the trailing cursor thingamabobs!!  I can get vertigo pretty easily when using the computer. Those things make me go all tilt-a-whirl  bear_tongue

:hug:
~Chrissi

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Music..trailing things..most animations...fake voices welcoming me to websites..slide shows and anything vaguely irritating that's there for more than one second and I am out of there. I do have my sound off all the time now though..just in case.

bearkidz bearkidz by Marion Fraile
charlotte
Website

Hate it too  bear_angry and I have left many web sites and did not return because of the music or the trailing things, etc. bear_angry

Marion bear_original

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Yeah, I'm of the same thought, usually it scared the bejeebers out of me once it loads, I'm peacefully reading the page and then, arghhhh!!!  lol.  Also I'm guessing people who are "sneaking" computer time at work would hate it  bear_whistle
Sometimes its nice though, if its pretty harp music or the relaxing stuff....but it always makes download slower  bear_sad

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

I'm with you guys. I hate having music on a website. Unless it is a website I really need to browse as soon as the music starts I close the tab I'm on or click the home button to leave immediately. There is nothing worse than having the music on top of the other sounds that are always going on around me.

Hugs,

kezjoy KezjoyKritterz
Gippsland Victoria

i don't hate it..but my speakers are off 99% of the time..the trailing things can be annoying..i went on one site where they kept blocking up what i wanted to read!!! i don;'t think the website owner had checked it out themselves!! they need an off button too..another site i went to had anime creatures falling down on the page..also blocking what needed to be read..cute but really annoying
Kerrilyn

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Yep - incredibly annoying.............  and i love music.  just like to pick my own.  but music on photography websites is expected and usually soft and pleasant.........

and traily things are very distracting...........

Board footer