Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

I've posted some new editorial opportunities at the TBF web site. My themes these days include traditional vs. tricked out teddies; Christmas carols; holiday decorations; and rock 'n' roll! Take a look at...

http://www.teddybearandfriends.com/foru … 0#entry795

Mindy

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Thanks for the opportunities Mindy.
Can submissions be made by email?

Marion

Lancaster PA

In the case of the Christmas and Rock projects, I want to photograph everything myself so you'll have to send the bears. In the other cases, you can send photos via e-mail.

Please be sure they're high resolution (300 dpi). If you have a high megapixel camera, that'll mean the files are 2+ MB. If your file is less than about 250KB, it's not high res and I can't print it.

Thanks,
Mindy

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Hi Mindy,  bear_flower
Do you have anything coming up in the future for mixed media type bears?  There are a lot of us out here doing mixed media bears and related items (ie. art cards, jewelry and the like).  Just wondering.
bear_original  bear_original

Hugs and hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Lancaster PA

I don't have anything specific planned for "related items" (cards, jewelry, etc), but you're always welcome to submit anything to Bruins 'n Buddies. Or, write up what you're doing and send it with a bunch of pictures for the Reader Forum. Or, give me some details and convince me I need to create an article or overview.

You can certainly make mixed media bears for the overviews I've already planned. In fact, "Jingle Bells" really demands some metal or porcelain. A bear head on a bell body? If I can think of that, you can do better!

The message here is, Don't limit yourself by what you think I'll accept. I've got fairly eclectic taste and I like to stretch readers' boundaries -- I'm usually limited by what artists send, not the other way around. I do draw some lines (thinking of Denis Shaw's famous teddy Jesus...) but at the very least you can send me a sketch or an idea and I can give you my opinion -- and, mind, that opinion would be on whether I'd publish it, not its worth as art.

Go for it. Surprise me.

bear_original Mindy

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Thank you for your quick response Mindy!  Now if I could just get my act together..... bear_original

Hugs and hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Lancaster PA

Just a reminder that there are editorial opportunities available for artists who want an early summer challenge.

I have the following Christmas carols still available:
I heard the bells on Christmas day
This is that time of the year
It came upon a midnight clear
I'll be home with bells on
The most wonderful time of the year
angels we have heard on high
do you hear what i hear?
christmas song/chestnuts roasting
o christmas tree
carol of the bells
silver bells
over river/through woods
white christmas
deck the halls
holly jolly christmas
winter wonderland
blue christmas
(Just to name the traditional ones whose words I happen to have in a list. There are plenty of Web sites that list Christmas carol lyrics if you're looking for inspiration beyond angels, santa, and bells.)

The following rock stars are spoken for: Elton John, Keith Richards.
Are you telling me no one wants to do Kiss? Or Bono, with his ever-present sunglasses? Elvis? Prince? Mick Jagger? The Beach Boys? The Beatles? Michael Jackson?

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Mindy I'd love to do Winter Wonderland if it's not already gone...and Kiss!!! Oh what I could do with that one... bear_grin

Board footer