Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I was excited to open my copy of New Zealand Teds ~ to see the beautiful  Paula Carter and her gorgeous bear, Sunny Jim.
Well done Paula on a great article and adorable bears.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Wow, thats fabulous news, didn't know NZ had a bear magazine either.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  Big congrats, Paula!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

What lovely news!  I knew the article was going to be published in June, but wasn't sure exactly when and had no idea I'd make the front cover!!!  How exciting! :dance:   

Thank you so much for being so pleased for me ... I do hope you enjoy reading the article if you are in New Zealand and can get hold of a copy! bear_flower

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Congrats Paula, you must be over the moon  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :dance:  :dance:

Hugs  :hug:
Vicki

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Congrats Paula!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Hugs,

newbearland Christchurch, New Zealand

Congratulations Paula!

I get the NZ Ted - send me your address (PM or email) and I'll post it to you after I have read it.

Mel

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!  You go, England!  I'm thrilled for you.

Somebody share a scan, won't you?

Huge congrats, Paula. bear_original   bear_flower   bear_original

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Wow, thats fabulous news, didn't know NZ had a bear magazine either.

Me either :redface:
Congratulations Paula :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  bear_thumb

Kent
Website

Thanks guys!  I'm looking forward to seeing it myself! :dance:

Mel, thank you so much for your kind offer.  The editor of the mag promised to send me a copy, so hopefully it will arrive here in the UK fairly soon, but if not, I may well take you up on your offer! bear_flower

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Congrats, Paula. I'd love to see a scan, too, or a link to the magazine's website.

Kent
Website

NZtedsmag.jpg

NZtedsmag2.jpg

Thanks Marlys!  :hug: 

For anyone interested, I don't think this mag has a website yet.  It's a black and white publication, printed in A5 format and put together by two very dedicated editors with a passion for getting the bear art message into New Zealand.  A real case of bear lovers doing something about it!  Pam and Hazel have taken the magazine over fairly recently and are working hard to develop it.  Subscriptions are available overseas (six issues per year $30).  For further information, please email:

hurlys@xtra.co.nz

I was delighted to be able to help when Hazel approached me for an article.  They have paid me a lovely compliment by printing my waffle, word for word, over four pages, giving me the opportunity to share my work with interested readers many thousands of miles away!   :dance:

I haven't yet had time to read the magazine in its entirety, but from the list of contents, I can see there is an article on Merrythought, show reports, a great tutorial by Monica Spicer on eyelashes and eyelids, one of Monica's lovely teddy patterns, a quiz, a message from much respected bear artist, Joan Easton and a guide to 'what's on' in the NZ bear world. 

All in all, a lovely little coffee break magazine and well worth supporting! bear_thumb

Board footer