Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Quy, our most wonderful guru for all things technical has set up a new Challenge Gallery for all of you hard-working artists who had entered the now defunct TBS Olympic Challenge.  So let's get a peek at those magnificent pieces - they need to be on display for all the world to see!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yay!  I can't wait to see all the entries.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Me too!  Thanks for getting the ball rolling, Sue Ann!  It's a shame the magazine is shutting down, but at least it gives us a chance to admire all the wonderful hard work of the artists.

hugs,

Brenda

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Great idea, but I think I might just chuck mine in the bin!!!

puca bears puca bears

O.K. - I started the ball rolling.............meet Helga and Holger, off to the Games!
I had a lot of fun with these two..........and some frustration - had to buy red, yellow and black fabric for the costumes, and even made the flag.........wouldn't you just know it - a couple of weeks later, football fever raised it's head again, and the shops were /are FULL of flags and other patriotic stuff!
The inspiration cam from a frequently encountered sight at bear shows - wifey excitedly running hither and thither, while husband plods along weighed down with all her purchases. I saw the most evocative pic in a show review in one of the German bear mags.........a man surrounded by boxes and bags of bears and materials,  looking totally physically and mentally shattered - poor guy was probably contemplating his much-reduced bank balance!
anyway - hope ayou like them
big huggies
Maria

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Way to go Quy!!!!!!  Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to join together in showcasing our work for these events! :hug:  :dance:

I have included 'Victor', my 20" Olympic Challenge bear, in the first gallery.  Victor was based on our Union Jack flag and created as mascot bear for the UK.  Those little buttons down his tummy are vintage 1960's in red, blue and white and I hunted everywhere to find them!   I'm going to take Victor to the Teddy Bear Artist Event show in Stratford Upon Avon on June 8th, so if anyone is visiting, please pop over for a look! :rose:

Maria, your entry is beautiful!  What fabulously detailed bears ... and such character!  Lovely work and a wonderful story-telling piece!  I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone else's entries here on TT and yes, Ellen, the cow must happen (or even a teddy created in cowprint if that works?!) bear_thumb

Sandi, I would love to see your entry ... please don't bin it! bear_shocked

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Can someone point me to the challenge gallery with the Olympic creations? I can't seem to find it anywhere! bear_sad

puca bears puca bears

Paula - thank you so much for your nice comments - glad you like 'em!
And your Victor is just sensational - a BIG bundle of perfection - I'm sure he'll be snapped up at the show.
(unless, of course, you have other plans for him?)
And yes - ELLEN - can't wait to see the cow............
and SANDI - don't you dare bin your bear!
big huggies
Maria

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Wonderful Sue Ann....i can hardly wait to see the treasures!

Thank you artists for sharing with us here.....

dilu

puca bears puca bears

Me again - DEBORA - right at the top, just under the Teddy Talk banner - there's a link to the Challenge Galleries
huggies
Maria

Sandi,

please don't chuck yours in the bin, unless that means here, so we can see your magic!!!....But.i fear it means in the trash,So please don't....you worked too hard on it and the worlds wants to see!!!!!

Much gollybestwishes

dilu

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website
puca bears wrote:

Me again - DEBORA - right at the top, just under the Teddy Talk banner - there's a link to the Challenge Galleries
huggies
Maria

Thanks, Maria! It's strange, but when I try to get to the gallery from the Index (main page), it doesn't show up! bear_ermm But the link you refer to works fine. bear_thumb

Kent
Website

Does anyone know who else was invited to participate in the Olympic Challenge and whether they are members of TT?  I do hope they will consider sharing their work in this way.

puca bears puca bears

Hi Paula
Apart from me and thee, I know Lynette Kennedy was participating, plus, of course, Ellen, who  said she was contacting Kasja (Sweden) ..........Krista posted that the had been working on hers, and of course, Sandi, who MUSTN'T be allowed to bin her entry! I guess SOPHIE would know.............
It would be nice if we could get the whole line-up together! I'm sure everyone was looking forward to seeing all the bears.
huggies
Maria
p.s. - CONGRATS on your NZ cover bear and article! :dance:  :dance:

Kent
Website

Hey, you're one step ahead of me Maria!  The NZ cover bear I knew nothing of ... I did prepare an article for a NZ mag a while ago though ... I guess it's just been published?

puca bears puca bears

Tch tch, Paula - Carolyn Green posted about it earlier!!!!!!!!

Sandi?????Are you out there?

What a treat!

There may only be 4 pictures, but they are wonderful pictures!  I loved them and want more.....come on, Miss Sandi!!!  We really want to see and you know we love you asnd you aren't being judged!!!

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

K Pawz Guest

I will finish my guy at some point...I actually realized i was running out of time, and was going to revamp an unsold bear for the occasion, I was all set to go out and get everything I needed for him, but I just can't justify it now...my grizzly bear Boomer was going to become an olympic boxing champion!! At first I had planned to do a referee beaver, but that idea got tossed when I started to get down to crunch time...hmmmm....we'll see what happens...sorry i guys I am still a bit bitter to even think about it right now.

hugs,
krista

White Forest White Forest Bears
Southern California

Wow! What gorgeous bears!  Way to go you guys!  I'm sorry they won't be in the mag, but they sure are wonderful!

Kent
Website

All Olympic entrants:  Please see Lynette's thread about the possibility of entering the Olympic challenge bears into the Taiwain competition ... bear_thumb

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia
Dilu wrote:

Sandi?????Are you out there?

Yep I am here....and I will post the bear when she's finished. I fished her out the bin and right
at this moment she's sitting on a chair with a felting needle sticking in her head!

I must add, it may take a few days before she makes it to the parade, as I am just not in the right frame of mind to finish her right now.

You know the old saying "when the going gets tough, the tough go shopping"...that's exactly what I am going to do on Wednesday...all day.  :doh: I've just got to get out of this place for a breather.

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

More on the Olympic Challenge:

I've been in contact with Kathy and have offered to publish the challenge in TBF. I'll be contacting all of the participating artists individually, but wanted to get the word out here as well. Look for it in the Sept/Oct issue, with voting for favorites on the TBF Web site and via postcard.

Please e-mail me with specific questions (mkinsey@madavor.com).

Let the Games ... continue!
Mindy

puca bears puca bears

Yay Mindy!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:  :dance:  This is so amazing - from total despondency last week  to big excitement now!!!!!!!!!
I'm just so happy that we WILL get to see the final line-up!
big thanks and huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:

Kent
Website

How exciting!!!! Thank you Mindy ... will look forward to receiving details of what you need in terms of pics and info. bear_thumb

Board footer