Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Puzzle Outer Eastern Melbourne
Website

Ari.jpgPanda.jpgpanda_ari.jpgThese are my two latest pieces for a wonderful pair of girls in America. They were ordered by "Panda" who wanted a thank you and friendship gift for her friend, based off her friend's adorable dragon sketches.

I sent them off without measuring ( bear_rolleyes ) so I'd guestimate they were about 15 inches high by 30 inches long. They are both a combination of Romney and Corriedale with felted eyes. There are armatures in the wings but they are merely to hold the wing shape. The girls gave me specific sketches to create poses from so they are rather static creations.

I am happy to say they are now very much loved - Ari, the gold dragon, has a prime seat in his owner's car and Panda sits in her owner's studio.

They were rather a challenge but a fun one at that  bear_grin

Kirstie_DDB Posts: 85

They have adorable faces! So cute! And I really love the colours you've used. Not your usual greens and reds (not that there's anythng wrong with green and red dragons of course) but I think it makes them stand out.  bear_thumb

theKeepMeCo. Posts: 185

These dragons are adorable. Good job!
-Lynnette

Website

bear_wub Thank you both!
I like different coloured dragons too. Green and red are good but a bit over done. So when they requested gold an black and white and gray, I was really happy. Matching the gold, though, was a whole other saga

staticbear76 Posts: 222

these dragons are aewsome they would make spyro proud you are staticool

Website

Thank you very much staticbear and Lonely Artist!

Board footer