Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I must share, but I'll be brief. Joseph is flying to Chicago today to accept the Johnson Prize from the UChicago during tomorrow's convocation in the MA Program in the Social Sciences. I'm so proud of him. He's tried to down-play the significance of the award, but it the prestigious award for MAPSS. Actually, I think he's pretty proud of himself, too, but doesn't want to show it.

The Earl S. and Esther Johnson Prize is awarded annually to that student in the Master of Arts Program in the Social Sciences whose paper best combines high scholarly achievement with concern for humanistic aspirations and the practical applications of the Social Sciences. The $1,000 Prize was established in the memory of the founder and long-time director of the Program. It is awarded in the spring of each year to the writer of an M.A. paper submitted the preceding academic year. Papers that meet the prize criteria and earn a grade of A are automatically considered.

I'm a little concerned about the weather so any good thoughts and prayers for a safe trip for him would be appreciated. And thanks for letting me share my pride in his achievement.

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

:clap: That's terrific...good for him! There's no pride like the pride a Mom feels for her kids! :clap:

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Congratulations, Marlys!  What a proud Mum you must be!!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Congrats to the son on the award and congrats to the wonderful mom who raised the son.  You should be very proud.

Eva

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Congratulations to you and Joseph, Marlys.

You must be very very proud. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

That is fabulous!  I bet you're beaming from ear to ear (I bet he is too even though he's trying to downplay it!).  Big HUGS!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Well, By Golly ol'Joe deserves to be proud of himself, and you too!  What fun!  And wont this look nice on his CV??

Congrats, Marlys, why?  Well, you are his mum, right?  how do you think he got so smart?!

gollyhugs
dilu

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

What an honour! Congrats to your son!  :clap:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Brag away Maryls it is a great achievement for him  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  And why not be proud?  What a marvelous achievement for your son and a huge testimony to how he was reared.  Congratulations to you both.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

pma2003 Seamore Collectibles
CT

Congratulations Marly!!

You should be very proud.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Congratulations Marlys  bear_thumb You must be so proud of Joseph.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

That is just wonderful news.  Lots of good wishes and congratulations to your Son.  You have every right to be a proud Mum!!

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Marlys,

Wow, that all sounds very impressive!  I think you are entitled to shout as loud as you want!  Congratulations to you and your son, you have both achieved so much!

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

Board footer