Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Stellajella Wien

Oh, wow fluffy ladies in the US!
I saw terrible pix of weather related problems and catatrophies and I immediately thought about y´all and I hope that everybody´s fine and does not have to suffer!
If ever anybody was involved I wish you good luck!
Take care ladies

Gaby bear_flower
xoxoxo

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

storm060108flickr.jpg

Thanks for thinking of us!  We had to take shelter in our basement last week because a tornado touched down a couple of miles from our home.  I'll admit - I was scared!  Here's a piccie of the front of that storm rolling in.  It was wicked!

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Thanks for the well wishes. We were without power for about 8 hours on Tuesday, no phone or internet for 36 hours......Help! No TT for 2 Days !!!!! (how did I survive that?) The community that we go to church in was without power for about 3 days, I'm not sure they are back on yet. A neighboring community had a tree fall on a house and split it in half, no one was home, so no injuries. It ws really a nasty storm, lots of trees down, but even though people said they saw Funnel Cluds, the Weather Service (and other powers that be) said the damages were from Straight Line Winds, not tornadoes Just heard a news report. More than 1200 homes and businesses in the county are still without power. I heard of only a couple of deaths due to the storm, I think overall this area was very lucky.

It is really amazing that the weather can be so nice, turn to so nasty with very high winds and rain, then be so beautiful and peaceful!

I hope anyone else that got nasty weather did as well as we did here.......(I actually took a nap through part of the storm!)

pandamac

busserbears Busser Bears
Elkhart, Indiana

Lisa,

boy you guys missed that big twisted that went thru not too long ago in Norfolk, VA!  Wow, what a mess there!  I've driven by that area going to Virgina Beach many times.  How's that are doing?  It's not big news anymore, so nothings reported on the clean upl

We've had some bad weather that's luckily just went around us and missed us entirely!

I think mother nature having bad PMS!!!   :twisted:

hugs,
Leeann Krikau
Busser Bears

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Wow Lisa, that is a scary picture! ugh.  We have been getting tornado warnings all week here. The sky looked all "hangy" the other day when I was going out to pick up stuff for work.. I got stuck in a hail storm, but only for about ten mins or so. Then they issued the warning... I heard one did touch down not too far from here.. but I didn't hear much else.
Safe hugs,
Melanie

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

OMG Lisa! bear_shocked   That's such a scary photo......way too close for comfort!  I'm so glad it didn't get any closer to your house, and especially glad you're all safe.  What a string of weather we're having lately! :(

WOW!!  I just got an email from Progressive Insurance (my car insurance), telling customers to please let them know if they've been hit with the recent flooding or tornadoes, as they will allow extra time for making payments on car insurance, with no lapse in coverage.  They dont' want people to worry about their car insurance when they have so many other things to worry about.  Isn't that something......a big insurance company that actually thinks of its customers this way! bear_thumb

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Lisa, what a scary picture!   

Hope everyone that was affected the weather is ok.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer