Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website

brownbear1a.jpgbrownbear3a.jpgHi Guys,
I finally worked out what all the fuss is about regarding Sassy long pile! bear_grin   I have put up more pictures of this bear (so new, he doesn't even have a name!!) in the miniatures section, but I thought I would show him off here as well, since I am so proud of him!! :dance:

He measures five inches and has one of my special sculpted noses and a scissor sculpted muzzle.  I have made him for the Abracadabra shop signing next weekend - there are details about this on my blog.

I do hope you like him - I LOVE this fabric and am working on a brother for him!
Hugs,
Chrisx

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Christine,

This bear is so fabulous! I just love how you've done his nose/muzzle. When my bears grow up they've requested (in advance  bear_tongue  ) noses just like this, lol!! Awesome new design.

Regards

Lisa

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO

You should name him George.... There is an old cartoon where this thing says.... I want to love him and hug him and name him George bear_wub

Very Very Cute!!!!! :clap:

kellydean k e l l y d e a n & c o m p a n y
Narrowsburg, New York
Website

he's really wonderful.  can you tell us (moi) what part about working with the sassy fabric was different from what you were used to?  after working with the *vintage mohair & alpaca that I like to use for my smalls, fabric with a thin, no fray backing sounds like a dream.

*(read: dense, thick-backed, easy to fray bear_cry )

Norfolk, UK
Website

Thanks guys!!
Kelly - maybe I was just really heavy-handed the first time I used this fur, because I managed to mash and flatten the pile until it lost its sheen and just looked like the cat had chewed it!  I think mohair and alpaca are more resiliant and you can brush the pile back up afterwards, which you can't easily do with the long pile.  So long as you handle it with a reasonably light touch it is fine.  And, although it doesn't stretch, it has a bit of give in it, which you might want to allow for.

Right, I'm off to work on George mark II! bear_grin
Hugs,
Chrisx

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

He has turned out lovely Christine-he looks bigger than he is and definately has your stamp on him bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
I have only just started using sassy fabrics and have only made about 8 or 9 but is lovely fabric and I can't wait to get some more.You soon learn to be a bit more delicate with sassy fabrics especially when you sew them up after stuffing and handling them in general.My avatar bear is a 4 inch panda from sassy fabrics.
Laurie :hug:

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

A sweet little bear that I would love to hold in the palm of my hand.  He looks so soft!!!

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I absolutely love Sassy fabrics and have for several years. I don't make too many minis now (eyesight) but I like to use the Sassy frosted for paw pads etc. It comes in such lovely colours! bear_wub and of course I can't do without the thread bobbins - absolutely the strongest thread for hand-sewing but so extremely fine!

Marion

Norfolk, UK
Website

I know what you mean about eyesight!!  I used to have 20/20 vision but I now need glasses all the time when I'm sewing minis (sigh). 
I have just finished another bear in the Sassy smoky pink fur.  I made him into a clown and he does look sweet!  I hope he finds a new home at the signing on Saturday!!
Hugs,
Chrisx

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

wedding-bears.JPGI guess the last minis I made were for my son's wedding party - 2 years ago!
I used Sassy long-pile, in white of course. These were all about 3-1/2 to 4".  My sister is getting married next month so I guess I'll have to pull it out and see if I can give it a go again!

ladyjujuann Pearl Button Bears
Bournemouth

He is Yum! Lush fabric, even lusher bear!
Bunnies are so cute to Marion!
xx Julie

Board footer