Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Dear friends,

A long while ago, I posted about my project to get my Fourth Graders to make teddy bears.
This has been a long project and hard one too for these pupils.
My pupils are young kids in high scholar difficulties plus they have difficulties to concentrate on what they do. In addition they are not much selfconfident, which does not help.
Anyway, with a bit of help, they all managed to get their bear done.
This bear is from the pattern "Bonjour" designed by the French artist Laurence Veron.

Just a detail : none of my pupils lives nor is born in Lyon (France) but they are big fans of Lyon football team.

The bear with brown paw pads and foot pads plus a necklace is the first teddy bear I made in my life.

Here are the photos :

dsc031561ua8.jpg

dsc031581ns0.jpg

dsc031591vb6.jpg

dsc031601bl0.jpg

dsc031631xd5.jpg

They were very happy with the result and could not wait to bring their bears home.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Sophie, that's just great. The bears turned out to be really cute and I bet your help and the entire project helped to boost their confidence. Good for you for doing this. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Well done Sophie, and congratulations to your students..

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Dear Sophie, I work at a school,  I have seen the junior high kid's sewing projects, kids with no disabilities.  I don't think would have done a teddy bear as nice as your little ones have done.  I hope they are very proud of themselves, they should be.  All the bears are wonderful
Joanne

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Sophie your kids did an awesome job!!!  Lovely teddies!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

That is wonderful work from your kids!  Their teddies are super!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Sophie, the time and effort you must have put in to helping these young people make their teddies is just wonderful.  They have done a terrific job and must be so proud of themselves.  You should be really proud of yourself too as they couldn't have done it without you.  Such a super achievement.

theKeepMeCo. Posts: 185

The kids' teddies turned out great! What a wonderful project for them to do. How sweet of you to teach them to make their own bears.  bear_thumb
-Lynnette

Kathleen Pa

I think the teddybears came out great!!  How nice to be able to share your love of bearmaking with your students! :clap:

Kathleen

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Wow Sophie congratulations to you for all the hard work it must have taken to keep our students motivated and what a result!....I love the little bears  bear_wub  Big clap for all your talented students  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Lynne  :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Wow, Sophie thats so terrific!  They've done a nice job, and look at your first bear too  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

wow - that's fantastic!! bear_grin   Well done Sophie, and all your students.  What a lovely thing to read about!! bear_thumb

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Dear Sophie,

That is so wonderful that your students made such lovely bears and you must be so proud of them.

All the time and effort  that you put in with helping these kids, has really paid off and you must be all happy with the results.
Well done Sophie! bear_thumb

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Sophie: the bears are fantastic!!! That must have been a lot of fun to teach young people bear making!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Sophie that's brilliant, they did so well with their bears, how lucky they are to have you as a teacher  :clap:  :clap:

Pauline

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

WOW!!  Sophie, what a wonderful thing....teaching kids (especially kids with learning issues) to make bears!!  I would imagine those bears mean a great deal to your students.  What a huge accomplishment.  Yay, Sophie!!  Yay, kids!!

Hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

staticbear76 Posts: 222

those are so awesome they did good staticool

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Sophie what fantastic job you and your kids have done Congratulations to each and everyone of them and especially you for taking the time and effort to teach them the art of bear making. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Board footer