Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

I had to share this.  My mom sent it to me this morning.  Get your Kleenex ready.

When you think you can't put one foot in front of the other please watch this!  This is a true story!

The son asked his father, 'Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?'. The father who, despite having a
heart condition, says 'Yes'. They went on to complete the marathon together. Father and son went on
to join other marathons, the father always saying 'Yes' to his son's request of going through the
race together. One day, the son asked his father, 'Dad, let's join the Ironman together.' To
which, his father said 'Yes' too.

For those who don't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever. The race encompasses three endurance
events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometer) ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride, and ending with
a 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island Father and son went on to complete the race
together.

NOW WATCH THIS VIDEO:

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?v … dd9ea45513

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

o.k.,  the tears and the running nose aside, that was truely a wonderful story and so inpirational!! Thank you for posting this... :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

My husband, daughter and I both sat with tears streaming while watching it.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Patty,
     I've read about this father and son - their relationship is incredible.  What an amazing, inspiring video - thanks for posting it.

hugs,

Brenda

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry Thanks Patty  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Board footer