Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Hello, in case you haven't heard, voting for the URSA Awards has just commenced!

You can see all the wonderful entries here ... don't forget to place your vote!

http://cyberden.dot5hosting.com//URSA20 … -Begin.htm

Also, could anyone shed any light on why one of my collectors has been refused access to vote after entering the URSA voting pages from a link either on my website or on my blog please?  As far as I'm aware I didn't have this problem last year, but this lady has contacted me to say the URSA's won't let her vote, telling her she has already voted ... she hasn't at all!  The last time she voted was a year ago.  Hmmmn.  I'm just hoping this won't be a problem for my mailing list collectors who have just been emailed en masse about the competition and invited to access it to vote via links on my website and blog!  Eeeks! bear_shocked

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Hi Paula,

Your collector may first want to try clearing out old information in her browser, just in case there's something there telling the system she has already voted (from last year).

Also, I noticed that if I click from links within your web site, sometimes I'm still stuck in your frames (URSA award page appears on the right, your menu bar remains on the left).  When that happens, I'm still technically in your site, and that could also confuse the validation process for voters.

Just a few thoughts,
Kelly

Kent
Website

Aha, that's really useful, thanks Kelly.  I'll have a probe around and see why the URSA site isn't coming up separately ... it should be opening in a new window, independent of my website.

Update:  Yep, as I thought, the URSA site link on my website does open in a new window, or at least should according to my website programme!  Maybe it is a problem with some computers reading from their history, rather than reading what's newly updated to the web ... or maybe it's something to do with how their computers read frames ... either way, there's not much I can from the looks of it.  It's all set up to work the right way.  How frustrating!

NY

The one that's sticking for me is this.  Go to your site, click on "Blog" in your menu.  Then click on the URSA link in the page that appears on the right.  That's when I wind up with your menu on the left and URSA page on the right.

Anyway, try asking your collector to go directly to the URSA site instead of clicking any link, might help narrow it down!

Best wishes,
Kelly

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I just tried to vote and was told I had already voted. I went through the Ursa site. I clear out cookies on a regular basis and I know I've done so many times since last year's voting. Maybe you/we should contact B&B  and let her know some of us are having trouble.

Kent
Website

Thanks for letting me know Marlys, I've emailed Valerie, so hopefully she will be able to give us advice soon. bear_thumb

Kelly, thanks for pointing that one out ... unfortunately I don't think I can get round that particular issue because I've incorporated my blog within the website framework to give it a cohesive feel.  Hmph!!! bear_sad
I've just checked my 'feedjit' traffic monitor and there are already several visitors to my blog who have left to look at the URSA's via the link I've created ... now I'm wondering how many have had problems voting!  I know some have been successful because they've kindly emailed me to let me know they have had fun voting.  This is a bit of a frustrating conundrum! :doh:

NY

Paula, I just realized that each time you click to the next category for voting, it pops up a new window anyway, so the frames thing shouldn't be an issue in the long run.  For the record, I was able to vote with no problems.  I need to go back later and do the other categories though!

Kelly

Kent
Website

Oh yes, it does doesn't it!  I'd forgotten that Kelly!  At least now I know my website and blog probably aren't the issue.  That's a relief ... er, kind of!!! bear_tongue

Kent
Website

A quick update:  Just heard from Valerie and their web designer is on the case! bear_thumb

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi, I was having the same problem , it would not accept my votes, kept saying I had already voted....Valerie told me to clear my cookies and reboot!!! And it works now  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi Paula,
I have just voted through your mailing list, I had no problem. bear_thumb
Good luck to everyone, some wonderful bears up for votes. :clap:  :clap:
love kayx. bear_wub

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Well, I cleared my cookies and rebooted as TamiL suggested...no

Connected through Paula's website and then her blog...no

I wonder now if everyone is getting to vote and there a problem with just me.

Weird.

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

:clap: Wow!
Just amazing! I think this contest has the most wonderful creations I have ever seen! And I've seen and participated in MANy contests in my 25 years of teddy bears  bear_rolleyes
Karen
KJ Lyons Design

wendi Toggle Teddies
Derbyshire
Website

I did all my voting this morning with no problems bear_original  although i had to go for a cuppa and a lie down by the time i got to category 11, they are all sooooo good i couldn't decide :clap: 

Well done and good luck to all  :dance:  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I have done my voting and it was really hard - such outstanding talent.

Good luck to all.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Boo hoo, the back ground of the black and twinkling "stars" is making my eyes and head swim, I can't see anything :0(  I'm sad.......  Good luck to the contestants though  bear_thumb

bearkidz bearkidz by Marion Fraile
charlotte
Website

Voting was very easy and without problems from a "technical" view, however it got really complicated picking my favorite entry.

All entries are of high quality.

Hugs,
Marion bear_original

Board footer