Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

With the help of my colleague and friend we have arranged the 2008TBOC. As you will see we were able to get artists from most countries.
I have been sitting here watching the entries come in and wanted to put them all on display here, or share them with someone, HOWEVER I kept my lips sealed.
Now this is something very difficult for me, as when I am excited I have to tell all, this will never make me a good poker player as my face would give me away.

PLEASE CONTACT ME lck@mweb.co.za if you have a problem with voting.

Please support the participants by voting for them and try and tell as many people as possible. This is one way of keeping the bear world alive and it will benefit ALL bear makers around the world.

banner01.jpg

VOTING

Visa requirements: Each visitor will need one IP address for one vote.  PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU CAN ONLY VOTE FOR ONE BEAR FROM YOUR OWN COMPUTER, if you try voting for more this will not allow it. The site has been set up to control the voting this way.

To vote: www.twtba.org.tw please go to this site and on the right hand bottom, click on NEW event: this will open the 2008 TBOC, click on the world map and the bears will be displayed.

Judges from 5 countries.

Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.

WINNERS

Announced on 25th August 2008.

puca bears puca bears

Looking GOOD, Lynette - and well the the wait (and suspense!)

big huggies
Maria

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

I am now "googled eyed" from being in front of the pc screen. At least it has given my sore (burnt inside throat) chance to recover.

Lynette

K Pawz Guest

They Look Awesome Lynnette!!! Excellent job organizing, and excellent entries everyone!
hugs,
Krista

Peggy Lakeland Teddies
Bonnyville, Alberta

Really cute entries.  I have voted.

Peggy

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Cheers Lynette bear_thumb  been there and voted........................ :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
Wendy

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Thanks sooo much, Lynette.
This challenge means a lot for me as this is my first international one!

I enjoyed a lot viewing everyone's bear/critter. They are all beautiful.
I was surprised not to see Marie's bear (Marie from Japan): didn't she say she would enter a bear? Unless she is just a little late.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Yes ,Marie should be up there, however we did not get any responses from her. If some one can contact her, maybe she has changed emails tell her to urgently contact me.
Our biggest stumbling block was with Korea and Japan as we could not get anyone. I think this is partly due to the language barrier.

We also had no luck with Belgium.

One problem was the time factor as some artists had other commitments and were unable to get a bear done in time, others had family affairs that needed their attention.

With all the support we have been getting I am sure we will do another online competition in relation to another theme.

If anyone does have a bear from a country not mentioned on the website, they can still contact me and we will try and make a plan, it would have to be submitted by the 13th July the latest.

Lynette

Lynette

sockerplinga Sundsvall
Website

Great job!! Ive been there and voted too!

Too bad no one from Sweden had entered! My bears are not in the same class, so I will wait a while. ^^

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Super job Lynette and a very well done to all concerned with the organising.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: 

I am absolutely thrilled to announce the three representatives for Australia are all TBACA members. It's great to see the Aussies getting involved with things that promote our cottage industry and our art!  bear_thumb

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Ok here we go with another one.
Just remember the more exposure one gets from this competition the MORE focus is on the bear industry- this benefits ALL bear makers/artists around the world.

This was in the news

A TEDDY bear made in Coleraine is representing Ireland in the Taiwan Teddy Bear Olympic Challenge.
Coleraine woman Carol Conley has been designing and making collector bears since 2003, under the name Emerald Bears.

Carol's 22 inch luxury faux fur bear, named 'Oran', will be hoping to knock the stuffing out of 32 others entries from around the world in the unique competition.

TH1_27200821TEDDY_BEAR.JPG

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Lynette, well I must say that the entries are looking fab. You have managed to pull this off really quickly so well done you! I must say my orangutan Daisy looks a little lost in all those bears, still she is still smiling.    bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle
Good luck to everyone else who has entered. Here is a direct link to the entries, there are five pages of entries from many countries, so browse through and don't forget to vote.  bear_grin

www.twtba.org.tw/2008_TBOC/vote01.asp

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

puca bears puca bears

Me again.................LYNETTE - where is YOUR bear?????????????
huggies
Maria

kezjoy KezjoyKritterz
Gippsland Victoria

i voted..they were all amazing and beautiful..though some i couldn't figure out how they related to the olympics..it was a difficult choice!! well done to everyone who entered!!
Kerrilyn

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Maria if you read all your emails you will see Nelson got the position as being the torch bearer. I withdrew him as I did not want any conflict being the organizer.

I have something new up my sleeve so waiting for my colleague in Taiwan to agree.

Jane and  Kerrilyn, some artists I had to "use force" to make them enter, and I am still working on 3 countries to represent a bear, so some have had to  bend over backwards to get something done.

In the end not only the competitors but the Moon Bears as well as the bear market is getting some notice which can only benefit us all.

Lynette

puca bears puca bears

Course I read all the mails, Lynette - and he deserved to be the torch bearer.............but I think it's a a shame (for you!) that he isn't in the comp too! After all, it did say that you, as a competitor, wouldn't be a judge, so there would be no conflict of interests.............whatever - you are a real STAR!!!!!!
big huggies
Maria

WA

Good luck to everyone else who has entered. Here is a direct link to the entries, there are five pages of entries from many countries, so browse through and don't forget to vote.  bear_grin

Cheers Jane, but not neccesary, 'TEAM BILBY' are on the front page  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

TEAM BILBY!!!!
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI !!!! :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

bear_thumb

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Cheers Jane, but not neccesary, 'TEAM BILBY' are on the front page  crackup  crackup  crackup
TEAM BILBY!!!!
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI !!!! crackup  crackup  crackup
bear_thumb

I am having a good time and it is so nice to be able to meet( internet) with these talented artists from around the world.

Vote vote vote

Lynette

Gemma82 Wakefield
Website

I voted!  Great bears everyone, it was hard to choose!  bear_wub

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance: Great job, Lynette--thanks for making us all look so good! :dance:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Thank you Lynette for organizing the 2008 Teddy Bear Olympic Challenge.
bear_thumb You have done a great job.

There are so many wonderful creations and good luck to all who have entered.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

WA

I am having a good time and it is so nice to be able to meet( internet) with these talented artists from around the world.

Same here Lynette bear_thumb  but I only make critters. YOU! on the other hand make 'THINGS HAPPEN'. I am humbled by your passion and energy.

Lynette Lynette Lynette Oi Oi Oi !!!!! :dance:  bear_thumb  bear_flower

Board footer