Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

NewelleyBears Newelley.Bears
Harrow, Ontario

Well Ladies & Gents,

Thanks for all your words of wisdom and wishes of luck.  Unfortunately luck stopped at the neighbour's house for a break and never quite made it to THIS house. SO the Search Continues...We went for a walk through of the house today.  Let's just say, whoever owned the house before, who started the renovating, didn't have the slightest clue what the heck they were doing.  The main floor had been worked on, but done by the bank and done very shoddy...new ceramic floor already broken into pieces...Holes in the walls where there shouldn't be holes, water damaged in one room, a door to the outside was blocked and covered up.  Just an all in all mess!!!  SOOOO Disappointing....So the search goes on I'm afraid. 

So I am SLIGHTLY excited!

I am finally going to have a tour of a house that I have been interested in for a while.  I am going to see it with my parents tomorrow afternoon.  If everything falls into plan and there are no issues, I'll be moving out of my parents house into my very first place.  It's an older farm house in the middle of town, it's 80 years old, but has recently been renovated and has three bedrooms and a pool!  Note to forget a HUGE lot, so I will also FINALLY be able to go get a puppy from the Humane Society!  I love it when pieces of life start to fall into place.  For a while there, I wasn't sure if they ever would!   WOO-HOO!!!

Wish Me Luck,

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

That is wonderful.............. that is always fun moving into your own home....... and to get a puppy for company!!!

Hope everything works out, let us know!  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Hooray for you, Jeremy!  I know how glad my two daughters were when they were finally able to get out from under their parents' noses!  Wishing you lots of luck with your move and picking out a puppy!

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Best of luck in getting your first house.  It is always such an exciting time.  Hope everything works out for you.

Eva
www.ejcrafts.com

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I wish you the best of luck, Jeremy. I can imagine how excited you must be; I sure hope it works out for you. A house 80 years old probably has lots of charm, too.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Best of luck Jeremy, with your new house.

I hope it all works out well and that this will be the house for you.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Good Luck Jeremy I hope all goes well ( sounds like a great place  but a word of advice pay for a home inspection they are worth every penny, especially with an older home )  wooohooo   with a pool as well   how great would that be.   Keep us updated on how things go,  hmmmmm pics would be nice too  :photo:  :photo:  :photo:

big hugs

Shane

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Congratulations Jeremy!!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Congratulations, Jeremy. It sounds like a wonderful old house.  I love big yards too.  I can't wait to see pictures of your new pup.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Good luck Jeremy, I hope the house is just what you expect it to be, you get it for a really good price and you adopt the most adorable puppy. Best of luck all round. 
bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Hugs, Jane.   bear_flower
P.S. Don't forget if you do get the house and puppy.  :photo:  :photo:  :photo:  :photo:  :photo:  :photo:  :photo:  :photo:  :photo:  :photo:  :photo:  :photo:  PLEASE!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

These are great news, Jeremy!
i cross my fingers for you.

May that house be THE house...

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Gemma82 Wakefield
Website

It sounds really nice!  Make sure you post lots of pics...  especially of the puppy!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Best of luck, Jeremy :dance:

I remember the total joy of moving into our first (and present) house. I love old houses!

Shane's right--get that inspection. It might prove to be an advantage in bargaining, and you certainly don't want any nasty surprises after you've moved in.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Dear Jeremy: that is wonderful!! I hope it all goes well and you get your home. Let us know how it turns out. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Oh no Jeremy .... sounds like that was not the house for you.
Old houses can be like that if they are not maintained well.

So much luck with finding a house, that ticks all the boxes for you.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Oh, I know you must be disappointed, but best you found out all the problems beforehand. Your house will come along and it will be so much fun looking and getting ideas. You'll find your place, I'm sure of it.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Aww - pooh.  It's good to know what problems exist before you move in, so you're in good shape.  You'll find what you want.

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Oh no!! How frustrating!!  bear_angry

Well, I wish you LOTS and LOTS of luck for the next one!  bear_thumb

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Arghhhh! what a shame!  bear_angry

oh, maybe you had to keep searching because another house is waiting for you but you don't know it yet!
And this new one will just be perfect for you.  bear_tongue  So do not give up and keep searching it!

Good luck,
Beary hugs,
Sophie.

sandlalouer Luxembourg

All the best for you Jeremy. Hope you find the right house!

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

I know just how hard house hunting is, let's hope the right house in better condition is round the corner  bear_thumb
Catherine x

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad Nooooooooo . . . what a shock. How disappointing!

Still, the renovator in me wonders. Floor surfaces can be replaced, holes in the walls can be filled, and not all water damage means a leaky roof. Some of us, especially when we're pregnant, have been known to leave taps running and flood the second floor . . .

If you love the location and the bones of the house, and the heating/water/electrical systems are ok, I'd have another look, maybe take along a contractor/renovator for a basic estimate of repair costs, which you could then bargain to deduct from the selling price.

On the other hand, if the damage is more than superficial, I hope you find your dream house next time!

Board footer