Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

I have started doing Teddy Bear Workshops for children ages 8 to 12. Does anyone have any suggestions of games or other activities I can do with them once their bears are done? Something simple that doesn't require a lot of 'stuff' to do... I have Teddy Bear songs that I play during the workshop, and I have a couple of stories to read.......just looking for other possibilities.
Thanks, Ellen  bear_smile

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

You could do something with chocolate. I know that if I was going to this workshop, I would definitely want the grownups to do something with chocolate.  OR you could do something with icecream and chocolate.
OR icecream chocolate and lollies.  YEP!!!! I would definitely would love to go to a bear workshop that also had chocolate icecream AND lollies!!!!!MMMmmmmmmmm bear_smile

Pipa UK

oh gosh i cant really think of anything apart from maybe printing out some black outlines of bears and letting the younger ones colour them in..

sorry it's not much help my brain has gone BLANK !

i like matildas idea of chocolate. you can get chocolate teddy bears here they would be cute,

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Must have a bear tea party ! They can make paper hats for their bears, glue some flowers and a bow  on the hats..easy.

Buy one of those throw away camera and have the kids take pictures of each other with their bears.... Winney

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Love the idea of the Tea Party. But with the kids I had today.....17, 8 boys, I'm not sure it would go over.....but I like it.  :bday: As for chocolate, I make chocolate teddy bears that I hand out, to the kids at the workshops and to anyone who buys a bear, so the chocolate is there....yummy treat! :hug:

Thanks for the ideas.....keep 'em coming! :dance: :teddybear:
Ellen

Dilu Posts: 8,574

How about a puppet show, using their bears....they make up the story and act it out with their bears and the grown-ups (parents) get to watch.

Chocolate always sounds god to me but not until the bears are tucked safely away-

no mess on the bears.....

Of course if you were doing a golly workshop you all could have chocolate all day long.....

bear_tongue

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_ermm Wow, Matilda,

That sounds like a really tough audience. I suspect that what they'd enjoy most would be roaring around under big pieces of faux fabric, pretending to be bears and scaring the **** out of one another!

Eileen

Pipa UK

what about a general knowledge quiz ?? they could work in pairs and whoever gets the most correct wins a prize ? a sweeties goodie bag or something

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

BearDanceWeb72dpi.jpgbear_laugh Or a Bear Dance?

Pipa UK

or bear face painting 
paint faces on the children as bears using face paints of course he he

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Dilu,I love this typo:  bear_grin  bear_grin

Chocolate always sounds god to me

Does that make me sacrilegous  ??  :redface:  :redface:  Sorry but chocolate is pretty important to me also so the typo seemed so true.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh I wouldn't be surprised to learn that God spent the Seventh Day creating chocolate! It's just the sort of thing the church authorities wouldn't want us to know!  :twisted:

Eileen

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

bear_shocked So many ideas. :whistle:..thanks for them all.. :thumbsup:....keep them coming... :teddybear:....I have another workshop in Dec.  bear_flower

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Teddy bear picnic and Hide and seek bears.

Board footer