Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

I just want to let you know to keep checking your credit card.  I just checked mine online and there was a charge from I-tunes that I didn't make.  It was on a card I haven't used in a long time, I don't know if that make a difference.  I called the card fraud line and they cancelled it.   bear_ermm

I know, I haven't posted much lately, but I've been lurking bear_cool

Please keep an eye on those cards...

Joan

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I just obtained a very low limit card for use on the internet and have had my larger limit card re=issued with new numbers. Was getting nervous with all going on. And wouldn't you know it, Friday my interac card was cancelled by the bank cause there had been a fraud gang in town during the week switching keypads at different stores. They were worried that my card had been compromised! Would have been nicer if they had warned me first so I wasn't embarrased by not being able to complete a $15 purchase at Walmart though.

Marion

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

bear_angry grrrrr.....these crooks are getting irritating!

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton
MerBear wrote:

. And wouldn't you know it, Friday my interac card was cancelled by the bank cause there had been a fraud gang in town during the week switching keypads at different stores. They were worried that my card had been compromised! Would have been nicer if they had warned me first so I wasn't embarrased by not being able to complete a $15 purchase at Walmart though.

Marion

This happened to me too - only it was HomeDepot. The cashier went on and on about how tough it was to be low on funds and I'm thinking "If I was this low on funds, do you really think I'd be buying a large box of lightbulbs!!!????"
Cheryl bear_flower

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

I had itunes and video games charged on my credit card a couple months ago. 

Then, last week I noticed 3 google adword charges on my debit card to the amount of over $600.  I cancelled the card and Google adwords acknowleged that it was an unauthorized charge and credited my account.

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Something similar just happened with my debit card. I rarely order anything online but I could not find the item I wanted in any local stores so I ordered it on drugstore.com. When I was balancing my checking account online 2 days later I saw the debit from drugstore...plus an unauthorized debit for "facebook advertising". Of course, I immediately contacted my bank and they cancelled my card to prevent any other unauthorized charges. I now have a new card but that was a real waste of time and energy...by the way, they only charged under $3...so I got off easy.

Needless to say, I'm never ordering from drugstore.com again because their site can't be as secure as they claim. I'm an old fashioned girl who still writes checks and I never use my debit cards anywhere so this is the only place where they could have gotten my account information.

You can't be too careful with those cards!!!
bear_wacko
Kathy

Board footer