Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Dilu Posts: 8,574

For you American's gals who haven't tried Nutella-it truly is to die for.  It is very finely ground hazelnuts, (filberts) mixed with coco and sugar.  I am inclined to eat it out of the Jar.....

In all the years we've been married Hubs would not try it.  OK with me. :D

But then a week ago I gave a tiny bit to Kirah-the parrot.

OH BOY-  she has gone Nutella crazy!  Last night I found an open bag of Perpprige Farm Chessman cookies- the mini size, so I smeared Nutella on one and spent about 30 seconds in Heaven.  Well, fat sugar and chocolate being 3 of the 4 birdy food groups, I was compelled to make another for her to take a bite out of......

Well, he was watching....

if its good enough for Kirah it's good enough for.....

this am Jar empty.

Hmmmmm 

:P

In the peanut butter and jelly secttion

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Oh yeah! I bird after my own heart!

I like Nutella with peanut butter on a graham cracker!  bear_tongue Mmmmmmm!!!!!   bear_thumb

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

I like nutella sandwiches. Like having chocolate for lunch!! My first classroom TA 5 years ago would eat one everyday, so I asked for a bite. LOVED IT!!!!  bear_thumb

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

the kids I used to nanny used to ask for "mutella" sandwiches...used to give me visions of muttly on toast!
we have another brand that has a crunchy version a la crunchy peanut butter...mmmmm

nutella on cinnamon toast is divine - especially when you get it on while the toast is nice and hot and it starts to melt ever so slightly

oh and Dilu...you just gave me a name for my next bear....Filbert!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I eat it with icecream! way yummmmm. :love:
What is a "graham cracker".? Heard of them on the telly shows but for the life of me, never seen one.....

Milos good on icecream as well, yummmmmm

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Yummy!  Nutella!  I love it when DH makes nutella and banana and/or strawberry crepes. 

Matilda, not sure how to describe a graham cracker, but I like them too.  I guess they're kind of like a sweet cracker.  Maybe someone else can explain them better.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

This may surprise everyone... I HATE NUTELLA! love hazelnuts and love chocolate but hate the stuff  bear_tongue

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

What is a "graham cracker".? Heard of them on the telly shows but for the life of me, never seen one.....

Have you tried those honey bran biscuits that we have.  I'm pretty sure that they're made by Kohi which is owned by Arnotts - anyway that's the closest thing to a Graham Cracker we have.

The original malt biscuits - the ones that were grainy - were also similar, becuase that's what my American friend used to have when she craved Graham Crackers

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

ooooooooo sounds yummy.  Dilu, the cocoa queen! bear_innocent

ellen ontario, canada

poison!  poison!   bear_grin
what happened to our diets, ladies??!!
bear_grin

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Nutella and bana crepes......tomarrow for b.fast!  A Surprise for the hubster  it sounds absolutely to die for

ON  ice cream.....ohhhhhh gotta try it.

Unfortunetly, because of my weird system,  can only have about a level spoonful at a time......but I know one bite of crepe like that would be worth the work.

Graham crackers- they come in cinnamon,, coco flavored, low fat, and regular-  the main thing is they have graham flour in them.  I confess Ihaven't a clue where graham flour comes from....hmmmmmmI'll do some research and get back to you

bear_tongue

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Dilu - When you figure out where graham flour comes from and even where to get it please tell me! My grandmother used to make yummy scottish scones and the recipe calls for graham flour. I can no longer find it at the grocery store or health food store.  bear_sad

Ellen - what diet? That awful 4 letter word!  :twisted:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

oooohhhh I looooove nutella...we always have at least 2 jars in our house lol.  I eat it by the spoonful lol...
yummmmmmy!  bear_innocent  I love it on toast  bear_tongue

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

MMMmmmmm I cannot resist it either  bear_grin  Unfortunately no good for the hips either.  bear_sad

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Well, I finally did some research into Graham Flour and it's simply whole wheat flour, named after the man who discovered or promoted it in the 1700's.

Take a look here if you are really interested. http://www.hodgsonmill.com/cgi-bin/page … age_id=100 Dilu, you might find this interesting!!!!

purelyneysa Purely Neysa
Indiana, PA
Website

Nutella with a spoon, on a banana, French bread.... When it wasn't available here I used to bring jars of it home from Europe. Talk about heavy suitcases. Now my local store carries it. It's pure heaven. My husband won't try it either, better for me! Neysa

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Ooooooh...I love Nutella...however I try to avoid it because I can sit down and eat a whole jar pretty quickly...I love to warm it a bit and put it on vanilla bean icecream.

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm!!!!!

Board footer