Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Pages:
Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Kirsten,
I tried teaching myself (with a lot of help from the "HELP" button!) Two nights of being up til the wee hours and that's what I came up with. I want to fix the bear's eye but can't figure out how to get back into that layer to edit it. The layer stuff really has me stumped! Don't worry - I will be enlisting your help!

We're actually away at our cabin this week and I'm supposed to NOT be "bearing" - HA! Have laptop and dial up connection... will work! (Brought the needle felting too... it's so inspiring up here in the back woods of Maine, I can't help but create!). Saw a moose this morning so I'm now felting a BLUE moose! (We're on Mt. Blue and my last name is German for Blue so why not!?!)

Anywho - thanks for the compliment on the avatar, Kirsten! We'll chat soon!

Daphne

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Daphne... if you didn't yet compress your layers there should be a way to just highlight the particular layer.  In PhotoShop you simply find it in the layers menu/palette and click on it.  Maybe your program (did you say you use JASC/PaintShop?) allows something similar...???

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

First ~ Welcome Lesley!!

And Daphne... yeah, what Shelli said bear_tongue  What I found I need to do when I'm creating an avatar (as you might remember from when I did yours LOL!) is that I create a folder on my computer and after each layer, I save it as another file.  (for instance, folder name:  bijou-avatar  then each file name inside is 1.psd, 2.psd,.... then I save the final one as a .jpg. 

NOw, if I need to change something, I go thru all the different ones and see which one would be the best to use.  Cause when I "finish" it and turn it into a .jpg, I usually can't do anything more to the layers... (in case, for instance, I misspell a name bear_grin )

Dilu Posts: 8,574

HI Lesley
Welcome welcome.....I* love your stuff. (gollies  and teds*)....I actually have stumbled on you in the past.....thank you for coming.....hope you're somewhat wonky....but then you must be.....Look forward to your words of wisdom!

Dilu bear_tongue

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Shelli & Laura Lynn, Thanks for the tips!

(Yes I seem to remember all of that Laura! :lol::lol::lol::lol:)

I hadn't thought of essentially saving each layer but I'm sure I can do that and I know I can highlight the layer I want to change but I think I had already compressed the layers by the time I realized I needed to edit the bear. I'll keep working at it. Right now I'm trying to actually MAKE bears instead of edit them on my computer. Not sure which is more fun but I do know which is more profitable! :rolleyes:

Stay tuned for Avatar #2!! ;)

Hugs, Daphne

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Lesley,

A warm welcome!  Your bears and gollis are SO darling...I specially like your mini bear [scenes].  There is an intelligent word for that, but I'm so sleepy at 1:10 AM, I can't think of it.

Bear Hugs,

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Clare, Great Bears, I have just paid a visit to your web-site and I could give them all a hug.  Keep at it Girl.  Hugs Rita xx

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hi Rita!!

Oh bless you for your kind words, actually I took a sneaky peak at your website too --- oooooh!!!   Lovely, LOVE Granny Kate and Tobias, wish they were sat on my mantle piece, in fact I wish I had ROOM on my mantle piece!!!!  Tee! Hee!

Look forward to talking to you again soon!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Clare,

Welcome to the board! I once emailed you - so we're not complete strangers! :)

I'm sure you'll adore it here!

Danni

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hey Danni, how are you?!!

I love it here, can't believe I've only just found it!!   Lots of new friends, and old ones too - LOVELY!!!

Horace is Gorgeous!!!

Looking forward to speaking to you again soon!

Australia

Thanks Clare!  I have been having the same problem as you have been having, not getting very good prices on eBay.  At least now I'm using eBay Australia, they are actually all selling - so that's good.  Oh, plus i cover my costs, so that's really good, I'm not complaining.  If I can sell on eBay, I can afford to at least make them.

Plus i'm getting sales through my webpage at full price and through Bear Pile.  Have you tried Bear Pile Clare?  It's great.

Danni

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

I am conducting a survey of my bear customers, in part asking where and what percentage they buy their bears from ( Stores, artist sites, shows, etc.).  Of my customers who have responded to the survey thus far, most say they buy at least some from BearPile, and several say they buy a significant percentage there.  I have made more than half of my sales from that site since I signed up there a couple of years ago.

Australia

Wow, you're doing really well.  I've been signed up for a couple months, and have sold one. I would have sold two, but one ladies email address started bouncing after she had ordered.  So, that one didn't end up selling.  I only just got an email from someone saying they are very interested in another of my bears, but I haven't heard from her since, so I'm not sure what's happening there.

I wasn't expecting any sales, so it's been a huge suprise that I have actually had some success there!

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Great and informative news for the rest of us...please keep us posted !...Winney

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hi Danni!

I have visited Bearpile before, but I must go there and study it a bit more.   I have had a good sale (for me!) on eBay tonight, and have another one finishing tomorrow evening which has a lot of interest (I'm on a high because it's my highest sale yet!!!)   I will certainly visit Bearpile, all marketing is great, I'll let you know how I get on!!!

Best wishes as always

Pages:

Board footer