Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I live in southeast Florida and now we're under a hurricane watch.  It's getting to be a normal thing.   bear_original  We're just waiting to see where it's going and how strong.  So far, it doesn't seem too bad and we've been lucky (knock on wood) through all the other storms.  We're supposed to get hurricane force winds on Monday morning and continuing through the afternoon.  It's supposed to go through Florida quickly, which is good. 

And now we have tropical storm Alpha, which luckily is not going to affect us.  I can't believe all the names were used up and now we're on to Alpha. 

How are the other Floridians doing?  I know there are others on here.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oooh, Chrissy . . . I've been watching the progress of Wilma.  Hope so much that it won't cause a lot of damage.  Just heard on the tv weather that it probably will be a category 2 by the time it hits Fla.  And, thankfully, Alpha won't affect anybody!!  Hang in there, you guys!!  :hug:  :hug:

Pipa UK

Yep you guys sure are getting hit with alot of storms lately, i do hope they pass and cause no damage. i dont know how you all cope living out there with so many storms i would be terrifed!!

:hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Hope you are ok way down there... My mother-in-law and her parent's (my hubby's grandparents) are in Florida - his mom is in Cocoa and grandparents are in Sarasota... I can only imagine - it is scary just watching on tv!  be safe!  :hug:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Stay safe!! We'll all be thinking of you!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Stay safe and dry, all.  I'm glad I only have to deal with earthquakes here in California. bear_original

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I hope everyone is ok.
Hugs and keep safe.

Jane

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

I have you all in my prayers and hope everyone will be safe and well.  :hug:  bear_smile

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Chrissie, I heard that on TV and worry about you. I hope you are ok down there.....  :pray:
Stay safe.  :hug:

Marie

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Chrissie, I am thinking about all of you people in that area every day! This has just been a terrible year for hurricanes. Take care of yourself and I sure hope that this one passes by without too much damage. Shouldn't hurricane season be over soon?

Jill West Palm Beach, FL

Hey Chrissie -  I am with you.  I live in West Palm Beach, and we are currently boarded up and shuttered down just waiting for Wilma.  I am anticipating being without power, just hope it won't be as long as it was with Frances and Jeanne.  Stay safe.

Jill

Pipa UK

i hope it passes without any trouble for you Jill !!!

clare14 Country Bears
England

Ooooh we are thinking of you all there, stay safe and well. :pray:    Is GOD trying to tell us something do you think with all this weather lately??

Pipa UK

Mother Nature doesn't seem happy at all huh,
there's earthquakes.floods.tsunamis.hurricanes all over the world right now it's scary !

Website

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.  We're supposed to get tropical storm force winds after midnight and hurricane force winds around 6 or 7 am.  We're also under a tornado watch.  The scariest storm for me was Hurricane Andrew.  Plus, you see weird stuff after hurricanes.  After Andrew, we had weird animals in our pool (there was also a large tree in the pool); we saw an albino frog and some bird I had never seen before. 

The bad part of Wilma is the southern part of the storm, and we're on the dirty side, with increased chance of tornados, and I already saw a tornado warning a couple of counties north of us and a possible one on the west coast and 2 water spouts in the Keys.  I'll try to keep you updated if I can.

Jill,
I'm in southeast Palm Beach county.  My family is on the barrier island in Ft. Lauderdale.  We also have family in different parts of Palm Beach county.  We have all our supplies and we're just waiting.  I hope we don't lose power too long either.  We didn't lose it too much last year- 3 or 4 days. I know West Palm lost it for much longer.  I hope your power will come on fast if it goes out.  Stay safe!  Let us know how you're doing if you can. 

Kim,
We're in southest Palm Beach county.  I hope your family stays safe in Sarasota and Cocoa.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

We had six aussies stuck over in Mexico, that were all over the news.  4 of them were footie players, two were brothers that I went to school with - so it really hit home, actually personally knowing people that were caught up in it!

Stay safe everyone, I can imagine it would be terrifying!   :wacko:

Danni

Jill West Palm Beach, FL

Thanks for all the well wishes.  Chrissie - good luck - I will keep in touch when I can.  Please do the same.  I am shutting down for the night.

Keep safe!!!

Jill

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Stay safe  :hug:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:hug: It sounds worse and worse, Floridians! Please let us know you're ok when you can!!  :hug:

Eileen

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I too hope that all the Floridian here are safe.  Looks like the storm is nasty.  Wilma is supposed to converge with 2 other tropical storms off the Atlantic Coast and hit here tonight and tomorrow as a "Nor'Easter" .  Not a hurricane, but lots of heavy rainfall and very high winds.   What fun !

After Hurricane Juan and "White Juan"-(a blizzard with 100cm of snow) 2 years ago caught everyone off guard here we don't know what to expect anymore.   The weather sure is strange lately.

Website

Hi everyone.  Quick update before battery on laptop dies and have to charge - we have a  small generator.  No power.  Worse than we thought it would be.  We're physically ok and so are most people we talked to.  Still waiting to talk to some family members south of us, and I heard it was bad there.  Tons of trees down.  Lots of windows blown out on high rises.  I'm in a 2 story building and a telephone pole fell on our building and then fell to ground.  Saw lots of transformers blowing up this morning - makes the sky green.  Still windy outside.  Went through the eye and the backside was worse than the front.  Many boil water alerts but not us luckily.  We're in Boca Raton.  A tree fell next to my car and gave  it some scratches.  Brother in law had tree go through his car back windshield.  That's all for now.  3.2 million people in 3 counties without power and that doesn't include the FL  Keys, which have no power.  Not sure about southwest FL.  Looks like we'll be without power a long time.

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Chrissie, it is good to hear from you! We have CNN on right now and I was thinking about you and your neighbors. It looks just awful there!!!! I am so glad to hear that you are ok, take care and I hope things will return to normal before too long.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

My hubby's mom said their electricity was off for 3 hrs and some strong winds... She said it is calmed down now but it is like 45 degrees...

Board footer