Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

staticbear76 Posts: 222

i finally get to listen to my 78's again and it is so cool to hear them again i have been so busy and almost ready to get things done but im always so close and listening to these 78's even though they are super scratchy they are relaxing and enjyable has anyone have a fave 78 they miss or they still enjoy thanks chris. the staticbear

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hiya Chris, 78's now that's going back a bit. My husband has just fetched a whole load of 78's from our loft, my son is an actor and he wanted to have some of the old show tunes to work into a Vaudeville act that he is working on. Enjoy your music Chris!

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

am_bears AM BEARS
Derbyshire

I love the sound of 78's, in fact I love the sound of most vynil, it has a quality to it that's lacking completely in CD's the scratchiness of it is like listening to long forgotten memories, CD's are just too perfect, we have lost a lot in the name of progress.

My favourite song on 78 has to be Shaboom...and 20 tiny fingers, which my great grandad used to play for me.   

Happy playing Chris, I envy you bear_original

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

I just got a cool new toy for my birthday that I haven't even had a chance to play with yet!  It's a record player that you hook up to your computer.  It plays 45's, 78's and 33 RPM records.  It records them to your computer and then using the software they provide you can remove the scratchiness!  Then you can upload those tunes to your i-POD or download them to a CD.  It runs about $90.00 on the Internet.  I can't wait to have some time to play with it!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh yes - do I remember the old 78s!!  We had Frank Sinatra, the big bands, The Mills Brothers, etc. playing on our record player when I was growing up.  Great music!  Enjoy, Chris.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

That's taken me back!  I had a few 78's when I was little ... my favourite was a multi-coloured one by 'Pinky and Perky' singing 'would you like to swing on a star'! :dance:

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

'would you like to swing on a star'
carry moonbeams home in a jar...
      I'm singing!  :dance:
Oh, it's nostalgia time!  That song takes me back.  I love those old tunes of my childhood.
Vinyl records are making a huge comeback.  Hubby just bought a fancy new turntable ..to play old records on.  bear_whistle
He's a bit of a hi-fi nut  ..(but a very sweet nut!)
   Have fun and enjoy your 78's, Chris!!!
       Laura  bear_flower

staticbear76 Posts: 222

hero1.jpg
oh yes i got that one and one called curly and in a highchair it is from a cartoon from the 40's bing crosby's tradewinds ahhh they are so awesome and a super scratchy salty pretzels polka thank you so much everyone im so happy to hear from people like me that loves the scratchyness and the happyness of 78's

Board footer