Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

BearHugger Lichfield, Staffs, England

th_2008_09010013.jpgTonight I finshed Marshmellow Dream. She is made from fake lilac fur, pink felt and rainbow cashmere. She is five way jointed, stuffed with heavy poyfill and has hand painted eyes (painted by myself bear_original )  I have put so much work into this bear, she is my best bear, my best pattern and something I feel may even get me noticed in the bear making community, but that I will have to wait and see about.

She started as an accident, a pattern gone wrong I thought, but after a bit of work her lovely head was made

2008_08250014.jpg

I then worked on here body, while I though about what I want to do for her nose. after a few hours working on her nose I opted for a cashmere nose. Her body turned out perfctly, she has a nice round tummy.

2008_08260001.jpg

Next I moved on to her legs, after 3 attempts, I made the perfect legs for her including big feet

2008_08300008.jpg

I then moved on to her arms, which was also tricky, the first two goes ended up far to small, then I thought they were too big, but they turned out to perfect (the pic shows one arm nearly finshed)

2008_09010003.jpg

And here are pics of Marshmellow Dream now she is finshed

2008_09010013.jpg
2008_09010015.jpg
2008_09010016.jpg
2008_09010018.jpg

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Well done Vikki :clap: Marshmellow Dream (fab name!) is a real cutie and well worth the hard work! 

I understand where you are coming from in pattern design, it took me a few  bear_whistle  goes to finish my bear (it looked so good on paper  bear_grin )  Its not so easy as it looks!  I did end up with two bears so that wasn't too bad.

What are you going to try next, another one from this pattern in a different colour combo or maybe an adjustment to this pattern? Any way have fun and thanks for your lovely comments in my bears  :hug:

Hugs Ali x

BearHugger Lichfield, Staffs, England

Hi Ali

My next five bears are going to be based on this pattern, they'll be changes here and there and they'll all be different colours. 4 of them are going to new homes with my friends, but one will be staying here bear_original  I'm going to try mohair after I've done them, I've already bought some and want to buy more  :crackup:

keep up the good work with your bears, I loved them all  bear_wub

vikki  bear_original

Bunnybear Posts: 71

Aww you know i love her vikki and them big feet bear_grin

bear_wub  bear_wub

Board footer