Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Well, I'm not that old!

I am absolutely positive that Garnet and I are the only ones out there who do not have a Blog! It pains me that we are out there alone, wandering and confused!

This question must have been asked a gazillion times and I apologise for asking again but...

TIPS! TIPS of any kind on where to start or how to begin would so greatly be appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Hugs Louise

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I don't have a blog either aside from myspace.

Tofield Alberta Canada

Thanks so much! I am looking into it!

Hugs Louise

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Louise,
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger.  I don't have a blog and I don't even have a clue how to go about setting one up.  I have never even looked at a blog as far as I know.  Blog-wasn't that an old horror movie?  Well, maybe that was Blob.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Louise,
     I have a blog at www.blogger.com and it was REALLY easy to set up - just follow the steps in the instructions.  Trust me - I'm no computer genius.  Once you start to use it, you become familiar with it quite fast.  I love mine, but haven't had time to post much this summer.  You should check out Blogspot, if you have time.

hugs,

Brenda

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Hi Louise, I was in the very same dilemma a few weeks ago.  I went to our TT Library and checked under websites and blogs and learnt quite a bit.  I have just recently set one up myself at www.blogspot.com  and I can honestly say, if I can do it, anyone can, as I am not a very clever "pooter person".  It takes a bit of fiddling to get it how you want it, but it is really just spending time playing around.  Then, like me, you can spend precious time that you should be sewing, playing around to change things all the time.  The lovely thing about this blog site is that it is free.

Have fun playing, and let us know if you need any help.  Also, let us know when you have it up and running if you decide to do one, so that we can all visit!!!!

Tofield Alberta Canada

You guys are the best! Thank you so much!

Hugs Louise

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

No, not the only ones Louise lol, me too, and am feeling very out of it!  I will try and use the info you've received here and start my own too...one day lol

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Starting a blog is easy.......... keeping current with it is another thing. I gave up. It would be months between my posts........... and I feel so glued to the computer as it is, loosing time I could be doing other things, that I began to resent my blog!!!
bear_angry  :crackup: 

I've created a new one...... with grand plans and ideas for making it easy for me to keep up with........... we'll see!!! bear_whistle

Good luck Louise!!! Can't wait for your new blog!! :hug:

Tofield Alberta Canada

Thanks guys. I am looking into it. I keep going back to what Sue Ann said about what do I have in my life that is interesting to others. That might be the kicker   :pray: .

Hugs Louise

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

I don't have a blog either.  I've been thinking about it but I'm worried that I won't have time to keep it up - I have a hard enough time keeping up to 2 different bear forums, making bears and holding down a full time job!!!  Oh did I leave anytime for pleasure! :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bearsbybeesley wrote:

Thanks guys. I am looking into it. I keep going back to what Sue Ann said about what do I have in my life that is interesting to others. That might be the kicker   :pray: .

Hugs Louise

Yes, Louise, I did have a post questioning if anybody could be interested in what I do, but I deleted it.  I felt it to be a bit cynical and didn't want to put a damper on your thread.  (I had noticed that no one posted anything after I said what I did.)  I feel quite certain anything you write about would be of interest, so go for it.  I just know myself and think I would try to spend too much time on the computer and not enough elsewhere.  But I have lousy time management skills and I feel you are much more organized.  Please don't let my ramblings cause you to doubt your blogging merits.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Tofield Alberta Canada

Awe Sue Ann! Don't you feel one bit that way. I loved your comment because it is honest and to be very frank I feel the very same way. I don't work, we live on an acreage in the wilderness, been married 35 years make bears and well thats it in a nut shell. bear_grin

Hugs Louise

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

I really like reading about the blogs.  I too have a blog but do I post like I should NO!  I am lucky if I get to it once a week.  I don't even have much about my bears but did start a thread about my dolls.  Now I have had the 6th doll in the series done all week and haven't even got it photographed to get on my website or my blog.  Life has just got in the way this week.  I hope others have better luck than I do.

Eva
www.ejcrafts.com
http://evascrafts.blogspot.com

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

SUE ANN - If I'd seen your original post I'd have posted right away echoing your thoughts!!! Its another one of the reasons I don't post to my old blog.... "who wants to hear it?"
bear_rolleyes

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Sue Ann, I didn't see it either and doubt it was any way a damper  :hug: , but I feel the same way, who'd be interested in my quiet life, I see some others with so many interesting things and so inspiring with so many craft projects and outings, but, maybe it could be fun too, you can share lots of photos of your pets right?  rotflol

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

I know this is a dumb question :redface: but...
What is a blog for?  What is its intention, or purpose?  I'm totally clueless.
I don't do much on the computer.  Besides emailing family and friends I occasionally check ebay for teddy bear supplies and, of course, check TT daily.
Are blogs useful or just fun?  I've really been curious about this.
  Laura  bear_flower

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Don't feel bad!  I wanted so much to get into blogging, I did it for over a year and just a week or two ago I deleted all but one last farewell post.  I FEEL SO FREE!!  :dance:  :dance:

As of late I've begun to look at my time and what I fill it with, what I really love in life.  I've stopped reading blogs in general (I get a little turned off from some of what I see out there frankly) and I can't imagine anyone out there will miss my ramblings. I don't think it's cynical to take a good look at why you want to do it, what it will be about and how it will positively impact your time and life.  If it doesn't make you happy or prove itself to be worthy of your time you can at least say you gave it a try!

Board footer