Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Would appreciate any advice I could get on improving my website.  Although my site is fairly new, it seems to be a bit sluggish.  My daughter says I'm impatient, maybe so.  At any rate, are there things I'm missing?

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hi Millie!

I just popped in to check the board "real quick" before starting dinner bear_rolleyes  and won't be able to check out your site till tomorrow I think...

But when I did my website... I looked at a bunch of other bear artists' sites -- as a collector -- and tried to figure out what I liked and did not like about them.  Then I tried to incorporate those things (or leave things out) in my own site.

Not sure if that will help... bear_rolleyes

Quy nomonkeybiz.com
Costa Mesa, CA
Website

Quy Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

millie wrote:

Although my site is fairly new, it seems to be a bit sluggish.

Hello Millie,

Your site is sluggish due to the file size of the images. The main page has Skippy at 198K, Fergie at 98K, HuggyBear at 343K, Margaret at 395K plus the other images. That is alot to download.  You have to reduce these images to actual dimensions rather than scaling. If you don't know how to do this, please reply back.

Quy

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Horray for Quy! 

Seriously.. thanks bear_original

Ohio

Quy,

Thank you for your help.  I am not real computer saavy so I would appreciate your help in reducing my images.   

Thanks again.

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Millie , just paid a visit to your lovely web-site.  I loved Clarrisse and Belle the rabbit.  Your site is really nice , so you carry on making your lovely bears.  Huggles Rita xxx

Ohio

Rita,

Thank you very much.  I am very new to the web business so I guess I'm a bit insecure about it.  It's funny that you noticed Clarisse and Belle.  These are also two of my favorites therefore they were given special names.  Clarisse is named after my cat and Belle is named after my rabbit.   I do tend to name my bears after special people and four legged friends in my life.  I will continue to make bears because I am addicted.  I wonder if some day someone will have to start a TBA organization (Teddy Bears Anonymous).

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh just make TBA an international organisation please!!!  There will be plenty of people willing (needing) to join up!  bear_rolleyes

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Would that mean we would have to try to quit being addicted? bear_sad

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oooooh - I sincerely hope not!! bear_happy

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Nope, no quitting.. just helping eachother through the tough periods when we can't afford a mohair fix etc LOL

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

YeaH !!  I could get with a program like that!! bear_laugh:D

Quy nomonkeybiz.com
Costa Mesa, CA
Website

Quy Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

millie wrote:

Quy,

Thank you for your help.  I am not real computer saavy so I would appreciate your help in reducing my images.   

Thanks again.

Which image program do you use?

Board footer