Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Densteds Densteds
Website

Don't know if you've seen this one...

Below are four (4) questions and a bonus question. You have to answer them instantly. You can't take your time, answer all of them immediately. OK

Let's find out just how clever you really are
Ready? GO!!! (scroll down)
First Question:

You are participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?

Answer: If you answered that you are first, then you are
absolutely wrong! If you overtake the second person and you take his place, you are second!

Try not to screw up in the next question.
To answer the second question, don't take as much time as you took for the first question.

Second Question:
If you overtake the last person, then you are...?

Answer: If you answered that you are second to last, then you are wrong again. Tell me, how can you overtake the LAST Person?

You're not very good at this! Are you?

Third Question:
Very tricky math! Note: This must be done in your head only.

Do NOT use paper and pencil or a calculator. Try it.

Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000
Now add 10. What is the total?

Scroll down for answer.

Did you get 5000?

The correct answer is actually 4100.

Don't believe it? Check with your calculator! Today is definitely not your day. Maybe you will get the last question right?

Fourth Question:

Mary's father has five daughters: 1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini,
4. Nono. What is the name of the fifth daughter?

Answer: Nunu?

NO! Of course not.
Her name is Mary. Read the question again

Okay, now the bonus round:
There is a mute person who wants to buy a toothbrush. By
imitating the action of brushing one's teeth he successfully
expresses himself to the shopkeeper and the purchase is
done.

Now if there is a blind man who wishes to buy a pair of
sunglasses, how should he express himself?

Hey I got the last one BUT! I'm booking into the nursing home tomorrow! :doh: :doh: :doh:

Denise.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

I have the keys to the Psych hospital....I guess I better take them with me when the ambulance comes

bear_tongue

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Boy! How dumb does that make me feel!!!!! bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I don't dare take this test . . . don't wanna know for sure that I'm demented!!  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

My brain is stretched  to the limits

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ooh I have dementia!! AT 24!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!

Gee, thanks Denise bear_tongue  I needed to know that like I need a whole in my head LOL

Danni

Densteds Densteds
Website

Shall I book you all in??? there's a lovely little nursing home just a few miles from here!!!  we can make bears & eat cake all day....

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original OK, I got two right plus the bonus question. I guess that makes me a half-wit, but hey . . . at 61, half a wit is better than none!

I now understand the runners question, but I still can't get the math question, even with pencil and paper. Somebody explain, please, or it'll drive me batty all day . . .  :pray:

Eileen

Deb Upstate New York

Ugh!  Are you sure this is for dementia?  Or is this an IQ test?  Either way .....

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

So this is the first thread I chose to read this morning.  I should have stayed in bed, I need to call the nursing home too  bear_tongue Sheesh, why did I even bother to try this test !

Densteds Densteds
Website

Deb, you're right it's more like an IQ test.....that's how it came to me, whatever it is I'm either ready for the nursing home or I need a brain transplant.. bear_wacko bear_wacko

Eileen,
I added it in my head and got 5000, how it tricks you is that you start thinking you're adding 300+400 etc but it's only 30 + 40 +20 +10 =100 plus 4, 1000's = 4100.

:hug: Denise.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I feel soo smart!!!!
I got them all right. Must be my day today.
Heather

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh that was so good!!   bear_laugh bear_tongue bear_laugh
Hugs Sarah

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_cry Oooooh. Now I feel really stupid  :doh:

Eileen

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Oh sure Heather, rub it in -hehehe    bear_tongue   O.K. ,I guess there has to be at least one smart person here, you win cutie

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Dilu since you have the key, please let us all know when we should arrive for admission!! Thanks for sharing thi cute little test that just made me realize how OLD I am getting!

Many Hugs Louise

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

WELL, I didnt like that test at all. I will ask NOW, that no more tests (that make Matilda look stupid) be posted at this forum. DID I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR!!!! bear_wacko bear_wacko

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Yahoo it's dementia, dementia, dementia, dementia, dementia, dementia, dementia, dementia!

Now that answers a lot of questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for the diagnosis Dr Denise I've wondered what it was of oh so long. If I wasn't so demented then I would have realised much  sooner. 
bear_rolleyes bear_rolleyes bear_rolleyes bear_rolleyes bear_rolleyes bear_whistle bear_whistle bear_whistle bear_whistle bear_whistle bear_whistle 

Jane  bear_flower

Board footer