Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

I'm super lucky in that I get to play all day long!  4 days a week I watch my 18 month old niece (I've been doing since last school year).  She loves to play tea party and shares her play foods with her favorite dolly's and toys.  Recently she's taken a total shine to a bear I gave to my sis ages ago. Way back, before I was selling, I would give them away after making and "practicing".  Let's just say my mom and sisters are some of my biggest collectors  bear_grin 

She LOVES this bear.  She sweetly calls him "beaw". And even though he's nearly as big (and heavy) as she is, she insists on carrying him herself.  He's not a "child's toy" but she adores playing with him.  I think every kid should have at least one "real" collectible bear to call their own.  Make sure it's safe, and all (I wouldn't put him in her crib and leave her unattended with him at nap time for example) but let them have that age old appreciation for the "real thing".

The pics are pretty rough, they're from my cell phone.  But oh my gosh are they cute!

:hug:
~Chrissi

"Beaw" having a piece of apple at tea. (He'd already had some of the corn on the cob there!)
bear_edited-1.jpg

"Beaw" having a slice of pizza at tea!
bear2_edited-2.jpg

"Beaw" getting BIG KISSES after tea
bear3_edited-1.jpg

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Precious pictures. She seems to be very good with her Beaw. She'll grow up loving animals.

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

that is a lucky beaw, very loved, those are the best kisses ever!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Lucky Beaw - lucky niece!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Chrissi,
      What lovely pictures and what lovely memories for you - you and beaw are very lucky!

hugs,

Brenda

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Today Beaw had a bit of banana smoothie from a sippy cup....yum!  It's really too cute to watch her pull out her tea set and then go right for "beaw".  Today Blue from Blue's Clues was also invited.  We all had tea, smoothie and cookies.   bear_original 

When she visits my house her eyes light up and she points to all of the  "beaws, beaws, beaws...."  She's very gentle with them all, I've let her hold all of them from mini to biggie. I sense a future teddy bear collector!

:hug:
~Chrissi

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, thats adorable Chrissi, and so glad you're still going at it and having fun, your sister and niece are very lucky to have you  bear_innocent  My niece loves the bears too, although not so much as yours, I think she takes them for granted now lol.  But I have made her sooo many, the last few have been proper, certified, non dud bears, and even tho they still get spit up on and taken everywhere, bed, bath, garden, I think it makes it more special for us when we see our precious work so loved....if that makes sense hehe  huggles hon  :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

and ya know, these little girls end up being collectors in due time....I know of two teenagers whose mums, or cousin (being me) gave them bears as a child, and now they have the $$$  and are buying other artists bears...so, we are helping the biz in our own way  bear_smile

Board footer