Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

If you sell a bear that was on bearpile by ebay, do you still pay commission?  What if a person who finds a bear through bearpile emails me and I tell them the bear is on ebay and they win the auction, do I still pay commission?  HELP! The bear's auction hasnt ended yet but was wondering about these situations..... thanks gals!

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hi Kim!

Bearpile is all on the honor system.  Personally, if I sell a bear thru a contact made thru Bearpile, I pay the commission to Bearpile.  If I list a bear on Bearpile and sell it... but to one of my regular collectors or eBay, then I do not pay the commission. 

Personally I think I would pay him some type of commission if the winning bidder found my bear's eBay auction via Bearpile. 

Hope that helps!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Oh I will pay him if I do sell the bear to this customer, but I was just wondering because I never have had anyone contact me through bearpile before about a bear!  bear_original  If you sell on ebay for a cheaper price than is on bearpile, you just pay the 10% on the sale price, right?

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Well, I hope I'm doing this right!! I'll be interested to know what others do...

I've recently started listing my eBay bears on Bearpile but I leave a price off. I place the bear on Bearpile a day or two after the eBay auction has started which seems to prompt a new wave of visitors to the auction. If someone makes contact for more information via Bearpile, I thank them and explain that the bear is on eBay, point them in the right direction, and ask them to tell me that they first saw my bear on Bearpile should they go ahead and win. Does that make sense?!  bear_tongue This way, if the eventual buyer arrived via Bearpile I'll know to pay my commission.  bear_smile

Densteds Densteds
Website

Kim..just a word of warning, I've received quite a few emails via bearpile, enquiries to buy bears...they were from Nigeria..it is a scam...  bear_angry bear_angry
but I did also get a couple of commissions, a lady saw an adopted bear she liked and wanted a similar one made, she liked it and later on I made another for her...it was a real coincidence because she didn't have a clue where I lived, just that I was from Australia, it turned out she only lived 2 miles from me....so she even saved on postage ha!!
Anyway just be careful if you do get any suspect emails..
goodluck with your little teds..

:hug:
Denise.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Well - this one was actually a real buyer... she even bid on my bear on ebay... the bidding ends tomorrow...

Board footer