Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

White Forest White Forest Bears
Southern California

My cat has a sore and a cut on his paw, so he has to wear an e-collar, which he HATES.  I dont' know how I'm going to keep it on him until his paw heals.  Anyway - he fell asleep across my sewing table:

eCollar.jpg

So no bears are getting sewn today.

This is the same cat that Lisa Rosenbaum of Oz Matilda painted for me last Christmas (it's in the Gallery).  When he went to the vet on Friday they said he was 13 pounds!  So he's lost well over 12 pounds since we switched him to all wet food after it was discovered that he was diabetic.  I still need to take a full body shot so you can really see the difference.

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Ahhhhh ..........  bless his little cotton socks!    bear_wub  bear_wub   I am just like you - when my cat used to fall asleep in funny places, I would stop everything so as not to wake him up!!  Happy days!

Hope his little paw soon heals and he can get that silly collar off!!

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

bear_grin  bear_wub now that is one spoilt puss bear_grin I'm so glad you didnt move him. I thought I was the only nutter that treated their pets with such respect. bear_thumb Hope his paw heals soon :pray:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Awww.... poor baby! Yeah, my sewing would stop too if he was so sweetly sprawled out on my sewing table sleeping. No way I'd move him. In fact I'd turn the lights off and sing him lullabys! LOL! You can just imagine how spoiled my dogs are now, huh?

Hope he gets that nasty collar off soon!!

Southern California

Oh I hear you Daphne.  I sing to him all the time.  I convert regular songs into "cat" songs that are his name in different variations all throughout the song....Oh crap I can't explain it.  I'm just crazy.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

How sweet he looks . . . yep, mine would get the same consideration.  Hope he can have the collar off soon - those things are really cumbersome at best.  What a great job you've done at getting him to lose all that weight - surely he must feel tons better!   bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

OzMatilda Posts: 209

Oh, that's what an e-collar is..i had no idea what you meant when you told me..never seen them before..poor Nuhny that must be so difficult for him...hope he leaves it on till his paw heals...He looks so gorgeous in that photo..love his nose...poor Nuhny, big hugs to him from Aunty Lisa... :hug: 

p.s. Erin, Eliza came in to hassle to go to the beach and seen Nuhny's photo...she said oh mum, he looks like Bronte and i said it's Erin's..and his not well at the moment with a sore paw she said to tell you she loves everything about him more than his nose?....and she said to give you a cuddle...so cyberspace cuddles from Eliza!  :hug:

Southern California

Awww.....Eliza is such a sweetie!  Give her a big hug from me.   Tell her Nuhny says thank you and he likes her nose. lol.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Erin,     
     Poor wee thing - those collars are so uncomfortable for them.   When we had to use one on our huge cat, Bear, he just kept walking backwards, trying to walk out of it!  It was sad, but funny at the same time.  Give your kitty a hug from me - we have a tabby too, but with white underneath.  I love tabbies!

hugs,

Brenda

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Awww Erin!  That photo is so sweet.  Hope he gets that collar off soon.  I don't know how you are able to get him to keep it on.  All my K9 girls managed to wiggle their way out of theirs....

Southern California

I don't think I slept at all last night!  He always sleeps in our bed, but he can't get up and down with the collar on, then it was up and down the stairs all night.  I need to go back to bed after I have a cup of coffee.  I don't see how this is going to stay on for 10 days.  I'll go crazy!

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Poor baby. I hope you get his diet worked out so he can gain some weight. That's just too much to lose. And, yes, we do the same with out dogs. They've trained us well.

OzMatilda Posts: 209

Erin..is it possible and i have no idea what i'm talking about when it comes to cats .....but just a thought..what if you made a cotton sock (or use womans stockings and triple the thickness) to go over his foot so the fabric moves with him when he walks etc... attach the sock with straps that button under his belly so it's safe and won't fall off, then join another long strap from the belly to around the front of his chest area and put press buttons there...this way he has full movement, can't undo the clips with his teeth and it should be much more comfortable...well in my head, the design looks like it would work (lol).....i could draw it as i'm not good at explaining..and it wouldn't be hard to sew, you'd just need to get the strap lengths right and/or able to lengthen or shorten them..kinda like an especially made brace...?

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh bless what a cutie, my poor puddy will be having her lady parts fixed in a month, they do look daft with that satalite dish on their necks!!!
im hoping minnie will pick up a few extra tv chanels with hers!

Southern California

That's a great idea Lisa....I wish I could do it, but his paw is infected, so it can't be covered and has to dry out.  Yuck.  The vet said it's like athlete's foot for a cat.  Ick!  We have to put this nasty spray on it every 12 hours, that hurts him.   

He keeps giving me these sad pathetic eyes when I put the lampshade on his head.  bear_cry

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Awwwwwwwww poor sweety, hope he gets better soon!!! bear_wub  bear_wub

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_cry  Oh bless his heart!!!  But its for his own good, just keep telling yourself that each time you have to do it.  He'll be better in notime  :hug:

Board footer