Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Just read this and thought you guys might be interested.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/081006/ebay_job_cuts.html

Ebay has been such a pain in the butt with the new rules and and with the high fees.. I think it just might be back firing on them now.
Anyway...
Hugs!
Melanie

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Melanie,
Hmm, I don't know if that will help us? We're a small special area of ebay and when they cut staff they may push aside the smaller groups? But, then again, I think we're pretty profitable to them. I was one of the people they called and I mentioned that artists are not happy with the changes. THe interviewer said "We have heard many complaints from the art community", I don't know what that meant? Did they care or were they just annoyed  bear_whistle
Karen

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Interesting article...I feel sorry for all of those people who are losing their jobs.

I didn't know that there was a new CEO, I guess that explains the new direction that ebay has taken.

bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad       bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko     bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

More and more large companies will have to cut back with the spiral in banking houses in chaos worldwide, and we will be seeing more and more of this.

Lynette

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

I found it interesting that ebay was able to buy up a few more companies.....each for more than they are saving in the next year by letting so many employees go. bear_ermm  Or did I read that wrong?  I don't think I did......makes them sound even more mercenary and greedy than ever bear_angry .......

One thing I didn't understand. bear_wacko   How on earth would letting all those people go help ebay become "more responsive and nimble"? Unless they mean only that it makes more money for them to expand..........

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

responsive and nimble  :crackup:  :crackup: only at grabbing more money

Board footer