Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Did you ever win something on ebay, pay postage and then get told by the post office that you owe postage on an item before they will give it to you?  I just won synthetics last week and  was charged over $10 for postage for $20 of material and now the post office left me  a little card that says they cannot drop it off until we pay the $2.36 still owing!  If the box says that postage was $4.00 instead of the $10.00 I was charged, should I ask for a refund of the extra postage that I paid but that the seller didnt use????

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Very odd! I think you need to see what the actual postage was and then make a decision. Also, take into account the way the item is wrapped (new wrapping, or tatty old box?). If there is a big discrepancy I think it would be more than reasonable to approach the seller for a refund.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Well I had bought four items at the same time and instead of combining the bill, she split it in two and charged me over $10 in postage to send them!  i bid on something over the weekend and won and again she is charging me over $5.00 for shipping!  am i just crazy or is that nuts!  LOL

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

I don't know Kim, without knowing the weights and so on.....I do know that the postage in the UK is expensive (argh!) and that makes it hard for me to know what's reasonable for you. As for combining items, some sellers do and some don't - I always do, but on occasions I've had to re-pack items I've already wrapped up. I'm just too nice to refuse to combine the postage and would rather put up with the inconvenience!  bear_laugh

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Well, it is coming from NY and she said she combined shipping... so i figured it would all go in a box.. I'll have to check more into it... I am just mad that i paid that much for postage and still have to pay more to the post office bear_sad

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Kimmy, My blood would be boiling over that!!! You paid MORE to the seller than the actual postage. THEN you are asked to pay more......GGGRRRRRRRRRRRR.  I would DEFINITELY take this up with the seller. bear_angry bear_angry bear_angry bear_angry bear_angry bear_angry bear_angry

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

It does make me mad!  I paid her and it took her almost a week to send it and now this!  I knew I was getting s@%$#$& in postage but now this!  Some people have nerve!  maybe she will get some of those crabs you were talking about LOL

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Some sellers make me so mad!!!
Although, I would ask the post office why there is extra postage. That is weird.
Now imagine being a Canadain, ordering from Intercal, paying for postage, and getting left a tag saying I owe $25 to pick it up.
I hate customs.

Heather

clare14 Country Bears
England

oOOOH yes Heather, that happened to me when I ordered from Australia, I'd already paid £30 postage and it was almost as much again for customs - gutted they call it - gutted!!  bear_sad

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Well this is from New York which is right above Pennsylvania - I dont think there is an excuse for not having enough postage in this case... It is at the post office yet so we will see what the story is...

clare14 Country Bears
England

If it's anything like our post office over here Kim,  bear_rolleyes Good Luck  bear_thumb

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Kimmy if I PM you will you tell me the sellers name so I don't make the same mistake?

I am boiling mad too, just like our Judi.  I wonder, did you also leave your feedback?  If not can you wait till you talk to her and if she refuses to give fair service can you carefully word that in your feedback....loved the product but postage out of sight.....well we all know Dilu is NOT the model of tact- but you get the meaning.

Honey it isn't right and if we continue to be good little e-buyers on e-bay and never stand up for what is right the less reputable folks will take advantage.

And all of us have recieved enough postal packages that we know what postage should be.... And that being so close.....honestly!

Hmmmm  thats just the problem now isn't it.....Honesty.

I'm sorry Kimm, I hope your seller will be honest with you.

:hug:

Dilu

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Sure, but dont contact her LOL -i'll handle it... I'll pm you...

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Darlin, I wouldnt ever do something like that....

but here is where I am confused; when I send something off the postmistress tells us how much....she wouldn't ever let us mail something off with only half the postage......how did they get away with that?

hmmmm  I may be confused, being in the back woods-perhaps there are different ways to mail things now.....

I didn't know about priority tape until Miss Shelli explained... bear_grin bear_grin

:P

dilu

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Well our post master told Toby (my hubby) this... She could have sent it in a priority box but didnt want to send it priority and flipped the box inside out and the post offic will still charge priority rates when people do this... also, she could have done what other people do and do online postage.. not sure how it is done but if she is off with weight, she will be off with postage... also... she may have used lick and stick postage instead of taking it to the post office... or maybe she had boxes with flat rate prices but went over the weight limit in which case she will be charged extra in postage...

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Kim, what's her feedback like?

I would still reserve judgement until you know how much postage she paid and whether the fault lies with her (probable?) or the post-office....

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

It is good and maybe she made an honest mistake.. I will wait until I receive the package and then I will nicely say to her that I had to pay additional postage... and tell her whatever the case is and that I was quoted $10 for postage and it wasnt used.... I still didnt  pay for the other item i won so maybe I will ask for a discount of the $2.33 or whatever it was...

and if she gets snipy or wont do that for me, then I will take my money and business elsewhere!

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

If she's a good seller, she may just offer the extra you had to pay with no questions asked. I hope so :).

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh no Kim,  I hope the seller will understand this (her mistake !?) and
refund you the extra money or discount on next item.  bear_cry :pray: 

Hugs/Marie

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I would if this situation came along for me as a seller bear_original

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad Icky situation, Kim!  :hug:

I've had all sorts of problems with Canada Post over duties and taxes. We can appeal, but nothing happens.

In your case, it does sound as if the seller determined her own postage, after charging you for packing, etc., got it wrong, and left you to deal with the unpaid balance. If she cares about her feedback, let's hope she's willing to make it right!

Packaging, eh? I won a baby outfit that I want to use on a bear. The lady was very nice, shipped right away and at a reasonable rate, but when the package arrived . . . she'd wrapped an old Cheerios box in packing tape, and stuck a label on the outside!

Eileen

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I have to also add here:

On a couple of ocassions I have sent  cards in the mail that were sent back to me beacause I was 12 cents, or thereabouts, short on postage (some cards weigh a bit more than one stamp will cover).

I wonder why a package wouldn't be returned to the sender for correct postage.  HHhhhhhmmmmm bear_angry

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

maybe she didnt put a return address.... ?

Board footer