Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I'm considering taking this bear making thing I've got going and being a little more serious about it.  I found myself on several websites the past couple days reading articles etc. (Shelli...you my friend are everywhere  :rose:) and I'm wondering if it would be wise to sign up for some of these other venues, such as Buds & Bears, etc.   I'm looking for some serious advice here.  I'm ready to take my bears to another level...and to be frank I'm terrified.

Thanks...

Shantell

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Shantell, would you mind mentioning the other sites, as many of us might not know them, and it is ok.

bear_tongue

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Terrified ??? Just look at the cute little bugger you have for your avater !!...Winney

Willamette Valley Oregon

Dilu...I don't have any places specifically in mind...I guess that's my question.  I was reading several articles on www.budsandbears.com last night and noted that they have a subscription.  I've also noted that on Nancy Tillberg's site www.northcountryteddybears.com you can join a membership.  I've been to so many some just through links that I can't remember where I've been but many of that same subscription area that allows you into other areas.  I'm wondering if it's worth it to subscribe...if so which ones to start, etc.

Winney, terrified...yep...that little bear could be a fluke  bear_shocked

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Ahhhh now I understand

I did join Nancy's site.  You will get a page with pictures of your gollies....ooops......bears and a brief bio.....there are a lot of other things too, I just don't know them all yet.  I figure I have a year. :dance: :dance:

Also you can post bears there for sale without joining.

I will tell you a secret, I asked Judi what she thought and she belongs.  She had good things to say and I felt it made sense for me so I joined.

Did you check out her site where she explains the benefits?

bear_tongue

clare14 Country Bears
England

I'm completely lost here, what??   There's always one and it's always me, now explain SLOWLY!!!

Willamette Valley Oregon

Clare, I'm just looking for other resources or avenues to help me better my bear making skills...and maybe gain some exposure.  I've noticed some bear sites have subscriptions that give you more access to other parts of their site.  Or perhaps magazines subscriptions, etc.  I'm a very visual person and sometimes reading the directions I still don't get it...but show me once and I usually get it.   Is that slow enough... :love:

Shantell

clare14 Country Bears
England

Ahhh, I get it  :dance:  :doh:

I'll have to take a look at these, never knew you could do this - thanks Shantell  :thumbsup:

xx

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA
clare14 wrote:

I'm completely lost here, what??   There's always one and it's always me, now explain SLOWLY!!!

No Clare, its me!!!!!!!
Keep me posted everyone. I also wish to take my bears to the next level. AND YES, I'm scared.!!! :wacko:

Matilda (shaking at the knees) :lol:Cant ya 'ear im nokin!!! bear_grin

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Yes...like Dilu said, North Country Teddy Bears is a great site to belong to.  The cost is only $79 a year and things are happening at this site.  Nancy works very hard to be on the cutting edge in this business.  I spoke with her yesterday about some new and exciting things that will be happening there...keep your eyes out there.

I can tell you that since I joined NCTB I have had more people see my work and find my own website.  I have sold bears because of this exposure.  Better than my explaining...because I will most likely miss something, go to  www.northcountryteddybears.com and navagate around the site.  See what the benefits are to be a memeber , also,  check out the student gallery where bears are photos are posted of bears made from that variety of classes on the site.

I know there are more sites out there related to bears...I just don't know of any and am soooo busy that I rarely have time to bear-site-surf.

Board footer