Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I received both Teddy Bear Review and Teddy Bear and Friends today.  You talented Teddy Talkers (many countries represented) are littered all over the pages of both magazines . . . hooray and bravo!!  I would start naming names, but I'm afraid I'd miss somebody.  I will say that Kelly Dean's magnificent polar graces the cover of TB&F.  Congratulations to all . . . you create terrific work!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Dayung!  Congrats to Kelly and to everyone who appears in these issues.  Can't wait til mine arrive!

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Keep saying you are such a talented bunch,,,, here is the proof. Well done everyone.  :clap:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:clap:  :clap:   Congratulations to everyone splashed across the pages of the mags!! It must be such a thrill to see your bears in there!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :dance:

kellydean k e l l y d e a n & c o m p a n y
Narrowsburg, New York
Website

thanks, SueAnn & ladies. . . I'll admit to be pleased as punch!   (whoever thinks they'll land on the cover!)
:dance:  :crackup:  :dance:  :crackup:  :dance:   :crackup:  :dance:  :crackup:  :dance:  :crackup:  :dance:  :crackup:  :dance:  :crackup:

and congrats to all the others who made it into print this month.  I haven't seen either issue myself yet, but I rented a car and drove Naughty Nick to the TB&F photo shoot in August, and got to see the rest of the bears in the 'Christmas Carol' spread - which was like a TT roll call - and it must be a beautiful spread, as there were some amazing pieces there.  I did see a tiny postage-stamp sized glimpse in a TB&F email, but there isn't a store within 80 miles that carries the magazine. . .sheesh. .     anyway, I'm a pretty happy camper    bear_thumb

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

(Kelly, I have a couple of issues for you in an envelope in my car. They actually went to Galax and back last weekend -- and I still haven't made it to the post office! Today, I promise! But why don't you subscribe, you silly bear artist? It's a business expense and as such a tax deduction -- you have no excuse!)

~mk

Narrowsburg, New York
Website
MKinsey/TBF wrote:

But why don't you subscribe, you silly bear artist? It's a business expense and as such a tax deduction -- you have no excuse!)

~mk

:redface:  :redface:  :redface:  erp. . . I DID suscribe, but it was only just last week! (you know me, always a day late and a dollar short) and it'll take weeks, maybe months to start. .

and bless you for sending some, I need to send one to my momma!

I'm esp excited about the new format & the new kids magazine, what a cool idea!

(in the meantime, I've borrowed your scan, thanks, Mindy!)

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I wouldn't be surprised if your polar bear ate Santa to get that outfit Kelly,
congrats,

Marion

Narrowsburg, New York
Website
MerBear wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if your polar bear ate Santa to get that outfit Kelly,
congrats,

Marion

naw. . . he stole it from a macy's dumpster in Nome or Fairbanks, I think  :redface:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Now I just have to see the Santa outfit on Kelly's bear. Please could someone scan the pictures for me?

Thanks Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

I wish the mag didn't take such a long time to reach Oz...I know Mindy enjoyed that shoot and I am dying to see the full results.

Congrats Kelly on being the "Cover Boy" for the month!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Well deserved too!!  bear_thumb

puca bears puca bears

Hey Kelly - big congratulations on your cover STAR :dance:  :dance:  :dance: !!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess I still have a while to go till I get my copy here.................I'm looking forward to it!
and congrats to all the other featured TTers...........it's always a huge boost to see your bears in print.
And while on the subject, proof , if anyone needs it, of  how important it is - I got 2 mails this week, one from Australia and one from the USA - on the same day........both had seen my Olympic bears in the TB&F.
big huggies
Maria

pma2003 Seamore Collectibles
CT

Kelly
Nice picture, my daughter and I thought he was a jolly fellow on the front cover.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I think your Santa bear Kelly is the best Christmas cover shot I have seen on a mag. I cant wait to get a copy.
Congratulations :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Narrowsburg, New York
Website
matilda wrote:

I think your Santa bear Kelly is the best Christmas cover shot I have seen on a mag. I cant wait to get a copy.
Congratulations :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

awww, thanks, 'tilda!  I have to admit that I think it's a pretty great cover myself, and not just 'cause it's my Nick (ok, that helps alot, but. . ) but I also think that Teddy Bear & Friends - under Mindy's savvy art direction - has become one totally cool magazine, and I can't wait to see what changes are going to happen with the new format.

the photo shoot really was fun, and watching Mindy & Pammi Shirk (the photographer) work together was amazing, as was the studio we shot at.  they had the most incredible digital camera/editing setup I've ever seen, and these wall-sized softboxes, including one hanging on a crane/boom setup that looked like a piece of industrial construction equipment.  Pammi was the same photographer that did my first TB&F shoot, in 1997, so it was like meeting an old friend, and Mindy's son Jack was there to provide comic relief (a totally cool kid who actually reads)  except for getting lost 4-5 times on the way down there, it was a terrific change of pace to my usual 12-hr-in-the-studio grind.  :dance:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Congratulations everyone, and especially to Kelly with your cover shot  bear_thumb and thanks so much Sue Ann, just waiting patiently for my copy to arrive...... bear_whistle

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Congratulations on your cover shot Kelly, such a lovely look.  Your sculptures too are absolutely superb and am amazed by all the general leatherwork that you do.  Very talented!

Hugs

Marilyn

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

Congratulations Kelly!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: ....how lucky were you to get to watch your bear being photographed..what a proud moment!!  I had the huge honour last year of seeng my bear on the Christmas cover..so I know how you must be feeling!  :dance:  Can't wait to get my copy.....just have to be patient and wait a couple of weeks for it to arrive here in the UK!

Hugs Yvonne  bear_flower

K Pawz Guest

Congratulations Everyone! Can't wait to see the mag, and that gorgeous Cover! Way to go Kelly, he is divine!!!

hugs,
Krista

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Congrats on the TB&F cover, Kelly! It looks fabulous!

Narrowsburg, New York
Website

thanks for all the compliments!  I'm really honored to be there, I can tell you that!

and I got my own copy (copies!) yesterday, and the whole mag really is a TT-roll call - Robert, Mikki & Edie are all in Bruins & Buddies, Tami, the Zimmers, Chloe, Judi, Samantha are all in 'carols' spread with Naughty Nick - I'm sure I've left someone out, sorry. . .

and I noticed reading the editorial that our miss Mindy is moving up!  Editor of 'Doll Reader'!!!  gosh almighty, what a lucky lady!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Wow! I can't wait to get my copy  bear_grin

Kelly, I agree with everyone....that is a totally awesome cover!!!!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

And I'm sure that those of use that have been lucky enough to have met Mindy will also agree that Mindy is totally awesome too  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Congratulations to all of the TT artists in TB&F  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

bear_flower
Kathy

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Kelly, congrats on the cover. That is a very cute panda!

This is a wonderful issue and definitely filled with TTers.

Hugs,

Board footer