Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

IMG_0782.jpgI would be ever so grateful is someone could, and would, photoshop this picture for me with some kind of glowing sphere coming from my hand. Something soft and glowing....kind of mystical??? Maybe some little twinkly lights. 

Rigth now I am only using a Mac computer and have almost no editing capabilities.  I need to get a program installed into my pc...(which is another story bear_angry ).any suggestions  would be very welcome.
I really want to learn some photo shop stuff.

Only do this if it is is not too much trouble.  I really want to send this to my dad. bear_wub

THANK YOU :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Judi.jpg

Hey Judi- is that ok?  I can take out the extra sphere's if you want me to, or try something else- I have Photoshop open right now :)

Judi_3.jpg

...Sorry Judi, I got bored bear_tongue  Your photo is fun to mess around with!

cjsmum Happy Little Souls
Sydney

Gotta love this "fairy" stuff hey!!!
judiweb.jpg

back to work now!!!
Mel

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Wow that is amazing. You clever girls. Oh and Judy the photo is stunning to start with. I really need to use photshop properly.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

AH Chloe and Mel THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  WOW, that is soooo cool!   I love the effects , and Mel that forest is so mystical.  Thank you  Thank You both very much.
Do you have any suggestions for user friendly programs?  I'd like to get something compatible with a Mac computer. 

Yes, I love this fairy stuff an I must learn to use photoshop or some other photo program.

Oh, now I am very inspired. bear_wub  bear_thumb

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Great photo to start with but what the ladies have done with it is just amazing!!! I know nothing about photoshop either but this sure has me intrigued!

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Unicorn-Orb.jpgWould you like to have a background like a magical forest?
I can do that too but it will take more time.

If you want some free software for the Mac you can take a look at the GIMP.
(GNU Image Manipulation Program.)

This is the software I used to create your picture with.

However, it's not the easiest to use.  :(

But, if you're willing to take the time to learn it, you can produce images that are even better than Photoshop...  And it doesn't cost you a dime!  bear_laugh

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thank you so much.  That last image is so awesome too!  And thanks for the inof about GIMP.  I am going to look into it.  I want to have fun with my images...no more be a scaredy cat of my computer. bear_whistle  bear_grin  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Kathleen Pa

WOW!  They are all so cool.   I don't really know anything about photoshop,  is it pretty
self explanitory or do you need alot of computer skills/knowledge to start?

Kathleen

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Judi, have you ever tried the program Photoshop elements?
It is nice for playing with photos.

I have got Graphic converter too, which i love a lot but which has less capabilities.

Having both is great.

Just check on http://www.download.com

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Us Bears Pennsylvania
Kathleen wrote:

... I don't really know anything about photoshop,  is it pretty
self explanitory or do you need alot of computer skills/knowledge to start?

Yeah,  just install the program of your choice and play with it.
You can't really do any harm.  If you always remember to work on COPIES of your photos instead of the original it will be impossible to ruin anything.
When I work with photos I take the originals and put them in a separate folder on my hard drive.  Then the edited versions go in their own folder.
If you always keep files organized, you'll hardly ever have problems.

Google up some tutorials on the internet if you like but most commercial applications come with some kind of tutorials or "Quick Starts" right on the installation disk.  Look and see what's out there.

But the best thing to do is just fiddle with the program and figure out what makes it tick.

Added Later:

Hey guys, I had time to make another version of the photo with an enchanted forest background.
th_forest-unicorn.jpg

(The image is too large to attach to this message so I linked to it from my ISP account. -- Just click the image to see the full size. -- Warning:  LARGE image!)

If you want to practice using Photoshop, here is the file I used to make the picture with:

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD the Photoshop file.

Have fun!   bear_smile

Kathleen Pa

Thanks,  this looks so cool.....I can't wait to try it!

Kathleen

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Oh that last photo is so cool.  I love that forest.  Where did you get these backgrounds, if I may ask?

I had Photoshop Elements 4.0 but when I tried to install it today on my brand new pc it "said" it was not compatible with the new windows program.  So, I went to Best Buy and bought Photoshop Elements 7.  I am going to give it  go tomorrow.  I'll just play with it at first and see what happens.  Thanks for all the tips about creating duplicate photos first.  I am also going to download GIMP to my Mac......nothing ventured, nothing gained.  Thanks for all your help!!

Us Bears Pennsylvania

The background, I downloaded off the internet.  It's actually from a couple of sources pasted together.
I didn't include that tinkering in the Photoshop file.  The forest is a single layer.  It's easier to understand that way.

The globe is just a circle with some colors added and a 3-D effect applied.

The sparkly "bling" effect was created in Photoshop.
It's not hard to do.  If you want I can show you how.

Whatever path you decide to take just remember to have fun with it.
If you try to get to serious, you'll only become frustrated.  Then, you'll give up and you wont' learn.
Go ahead and feel free to play with it.  Go a little crazy.  :D
Once you get the idea of how things work your creativity will start to come out and you'll be able to make all sorts of cool things.  bear_original

momanimallover Taber, Alberta

I LOVE this one!!!!! bear_thumb

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Oh my gosh, you guys are amazing with theses photo effects.

I agree with Us Bears ( sorry, I don't know your first name)...I am just going to have fun with Photo Elements 7 and see what happens...after I get a bear finished for the oh bearz show this month.

Thank you very much for all the imput and amazing photos. :hug:

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Wow!  Nice job, edenbears!

You did a really good job of blending the unicorn into the background.   bear_thumb
I think I like your "bling" effect better.  It's nice and subtle.

Us Bears Pennsylvania

You're welcome!  bear_original
I'm glad to help whenever I can.

The way I look at it, since most people here use the internet to advertise their business, it only stands to reason we should have basic proficiency in Photoshop.  We don't need to be experts but we should at least know which end is up.

While I'm not an expert, I think I know my way around pretty well.
If people have questions about Photoshop or just want to learn, just ask.  I'll do what I can to help.  bear_original

Board footer