Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

ttalk.jpgFor the past three months, my hubby has been under stress at work.  He is the manager of a large Loblaws grocery store, and they have been changing the store to a Superstore - massive construction and changes, all while the store is still open.  The opening is this Wednesday, Nov. 12th and boy the stress level in our house has been going up and up and up and up........  Hubby doesn't not like to talk about things, and tends to bottle things up and then takes it out on whoever is closest - moi! bear_angry   I've been tip toeing around all week, trying to keep things low level, but by the weekend, I was ready to rent him a room in a hotel.  On top of everything else he has a horrendous chest cold, and can't stay home, so he's feeling lousy as well. I finally lost it yesterday and I blew up at him and I was annoyed at myself, after he went to work,  but he came home with 2 dozen pink roses!  I am normally not a flower person, but boy, I sure appreciate these!  I don't know when I've been more surprised.

hugs,

Brenda

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

How sweet, it is always such a nice surprise when you get flowers!  bear_flower

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

You're lucky, Brenda; that man's a keeper.  In contrast, last night, my husband "fixed" my computer by "recovering" it, which means he erased my entire hard drive.  If you don't know how fix a computer, don't fix it -- duh!  It cost $120 and an at-home visit today from a tech geek to restore it to primitive functioning, but I've lost every single program -- Photoshop, Word, Acrobat, iTunes, my site design program -- as a result.  It's mostly fixable, but only after hours of work.  If not weeks.  And I lost every one of my thousands of awesome bookmarks.

I would have MUCH preferred a lovely bouquet, like yours, Brenda.

Enjoy the loveliness!  They're truly beautiful, and obviously, so's the guy who presented them.  bear_flower

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh they are gorgeous Brenda!!  bear_flower  Arghhh, Shelli!!!  What a nightmare!  Well, Brenda's post made me wish I had someone special in my life to send me flowers, and then I read your post and thought it would be easier to go buy my own instead lol bear_laugh

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi Brenda,

It's ashame men cannot multi- task , but he realised when ( you will know to say something earlier next time), that you shouldn't bring work home. bear_whistle  bear_rolleyes
The flowers are gorgeous, and two dozen , you are a lucky girl. :hug:  :hug:
Love Kayx. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Brenda, what beautiful roses, boy that guy of your must really have felt guilty.  bear_grin  I hope everything goes well with the opening of the store and that your husband soon feels much better.  :hug:

Shelli, Oh boy!!!!!!!!!! I think I would have hung him out to dry...by his tosies.... bear_grin

My husband knows absolutely nothing about fixing the hard drive. When our computer got a non-repairable virus I told him I would have to wipe the hard drive...he fetched me a nice new J-cloth.  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Hugs, Jane.  bear_grin

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Oh Shelli, I'm so sorry your computer is such a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bear_cry   I would have been so upset about that one. but I guess he tried.  I have my own tech-support - my ex-son-in-law.  We all get along really well still, and I do a lot of babysitting for our grandson, so whenever I need something fixed, I just call him.  bear_original  I also found a back-up fellow in town that fixes computers really cheap, as a side line and will come to the house to do it, in case my SIL isn't available.  I may not know much about computers, BUT I know enough not to let hubby touch itI  :crackup:  :crackup:

Sarah, mostly I am not one for flowers, especially so many, when one would say the same thing BUT this time, I really deserved every last one.  Even the gals he works with are phoning me to say "you poor thing"!  :crackup:

Jane - that's sooooo funny  :crackup:   Why is it that it's all us gals that seem to end up knowing more about our computers than the fellas  bear_tongue

hugs,

Brenda

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

You know, it is hard to stay mad when you get flowers as an "I'm sorry". At least he is owning up to his moodiness...you have a keeper!!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Those are some mighty pretty rose you have there Brenda!!   bear_flower

Hugs and hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Kathleen Pa

What beautiful pink roses Brenda!  Your husband sounds like he is very much in love with you!

Kathleen

Board footer