Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

I love this topic each year ........so much fun to see everyones xmas tree and decorations from across the globe!

I got my tree decorated a few days ago and working on my decorations..........

xmastree2008a.jpg

xmastree2008g.jpg

xmas2008d.jpg

xmas2008f.jpg

xmas2008k.jpg

xmas2008m.jpg

My mom sent me my old village pieces, they have been in storage for ever, I'm going to display them year, I painted these about 18 years ago....I have 8 buildings in all and was so happy to find 3 more to paint on Ebay last week  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

village.jpg

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Wow sooooo beautiful!!  bear_wub  I don't have much up for decorations yet.. I am still working on finding them.. lol. Most of my stuff is still packed for the move. lol.  bear_ermm
Thanks for sharing!!  bear_wub
Hugs,
Melanie

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Wow, such beautiful Chrissy snaps.

I will take a piccie of mine tomorrow and post them, you will get a shock when you see the size of my Christmas tree.

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

WOW! I LOVE that painting of the peacock bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Beautiful pictures Tami!

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Beautiful Tree and decorations Tami, I am still in the process of doing mine.

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Tami, your tree is always just perfectly beautiful and your home is gorgeous.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Tami: You really are the next Martha Stewart. What gorgeous styling!! I can't have a tree for I have sneaky cats that will take it down steal the ornaments in a heartbeat!!! But I can live vicariously through your decorations and others who post.

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Santa_2008.jpgVillage_2008.jpgBear_Tree.jpgMantel.jpgTree2008.jpgSanta_2008-2.jpg

Am including a few pictures of out house at Christmas. We have a small Teddy Tree & a larger regular Tree.  We have a little village with a train that runs around it.  Also a couple of picture of Santas that I have made.

Ho Ho Ho!
Amy

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

I love your Teddy Tree! What a cute idea!
Everyone's homes look so festive!
Happy Holidays!

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

bear_wub  What lovely trees! We haven't got one yet in my house, we always go and get a real one a couple of weeks before xmas - so it's not feeling too christmassy around here yet.

Cathy Forcino Apollo Beach, Florida
Website

Hi everyone,

I'll just post of photo of my husband's favorite and only contribution to our decor.  And no, I won't keep it up all year.  It goes right back into the box marked "Frageeelie" and packed away.  :crackup:   Itr has a place of honor and welcomes everyone in the foyer.    Hope everyone has their own wonderful Christmas Story this year!

Hugs,
Cathy

IMG_0998.jpg

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

OMG Cathy!!  You have "THE" lamp from A Christmas Story!!!  I finally caved and said hubby could get one and display it in the front window  :crackup:   Wonder when he'll get around to ordering one.....

Website

Oh good heaven's not you, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :crackup:

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Cathy,   LOVE IT ! ! !   That's our favorite Christmas movie.  I bought it for both my girls a few years ago.  I want one ! ! !   :crackup:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Gorgeous decorations  !  Tami , your house is so beautiful and I enjoy seeing it each Christmas.  I don't have any up yet-eek.  That lamp is hilarious !  bear_grin

Website

Our favorite movie, too.  When we switched to dvd from vhs, it was the first movie we bought!  I guess we kids from the 50's can just relate.  I must warn you - if you buy your husbands this lamp, set the rules beforehand or they'll want it displayed year 'round!  Yeah, I don't THINK so  :crackup:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

tree4.jpgtree3.jpgtree2.jpgTree1.jpgI went with a simplified decorating theme this year.  White and tarnished silver.  Next year it will be back to the traditional colors.  I just couldn't physically manage all the boxes and hanging the glass garland by myself as I usually do.  This year, simple is best. bear_original  bear_original

Included is a picture of a favorite bear sitting in a pile of mop buttons in an apothecary jar, hugging an antique Christmas bauble.

Merry Merry!

Hugs and hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I love this thread every year!  The pictures really put me in the festive mood!   :dance:

I'm afraid my decorative contributions don't amount to much just yet, but I did put this little tree up in my office/dining room yesterday  ... in all honesty, the tree is the most atrocious piece of tat I've ever purchased (serves me right for doing it online I guess! bear_tongue ) but nonethless, every tree should have its day, so I've done the best I can with a few mini baubles, beads and  tiny angels to brighten the unglamorous thing up.  Elanor's adorable little 'Blitzy' is sat under the tree and the lovely bear card was sent from a collector ... she's the lady in the Santa hat holding my bear!  What a thoughtful gesture!   

Our main tree will be hauled back from the farm shop next week, I love the scent of a fresh tree and am really looking forward to decorating the living room ... that'll be the time for my first sherry of the season! bear_grin

Xmas08tree1.jpg

Website

I think the tree is just lovely and now THOSE are great lights!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Cathy, you really are too kind! bear_grin   I guess the lights just about saved the tree ... I'm an old fashioned gal, so no twinkly flashing LED modern stuff for me, just simple statics - these are pretty daisy shaped, cheap as chips, but very effective when lit. :thumbsup:

Aleta, boy is your simple beautiful!  So elegant!  I wanna be elegant when I grow up ...  bear_tongue

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Fabulous thread!!  Everyone's decorations are beautiful!!

Tami,  did you take your photos with just the camera's flash?  They are wonderful!
Aleta, you did a wonderful job keeping it simple... it certainly does look elegant!
Amy I LOVE your teddy tree and your Santas  bear_wub
Awww Paula, I think the tree looks great!
And Cathy... ummm, yes, we already started to have THAT discussion  :crackup:

Website

Aleta is the master!   As usual -  :clap:    Hey Aleta, what's the portrait over the mantle?  Close-up, please.

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Hahahaha, LOVE the leg lamp.. that is just waaay too funny, I have the tiny ornament version.. lol.
Hugs,
Melanie

Website

Thanks Melanie!

I had just started my decorating when I took that photo, but it's tradition.  It's always the first thing to go up.  So silly, but everyone gets such a kick out of it when they walk in and see it.  It surprises them and most have seen the movie.  I also have 1950's yard ornament lanterns.  Hey, I'm a kid of the 50's ha!

Here's another shot taken at night without the bright sunshine  (Hey Cyndee, does this count as a tree picture?) :crackup:

IMG_1105.jpg

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

All the decorations look fabulous!
Tami, I love your house!  I also love your Mark Roberts Santa Elves - I've been tempted to get one, but really don't have any more space.

Amy, that little village with the train is adorable.  Our grandson would LOOOOVE that!

Cathy, "the lamp" is so cool (just don't tell my husband) haha!  I love A Christmas Story - maybe it's what you are saying, as I am definitely a child of the 50's.  It brings back soooo many memories of a simpler time, even getting your tongue stuck on a pole LOL!  bear_laugh  My best friend (boy next door) even had a BB gun, and we used to practice with it in the backyard, shooting at targets (much to my mother's horror, when she found out)  bear_shocked  Gosh, the things today's kids are missing!  :crackup:

Aleta, your "simplify" decorations are stunning, as always.  I'm glad you are scaling back - there are only so many things one person can do.  Is that "Miss Tilly" in the jar?  I'm sure she feels honoured. 

Paula,  your wee tree is darling.   There is always room for one sad little tree - even Charlie Brown knew that.  It needs to have it's day. 

hugs,

Brenda

Board footer