Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Sapphire-Light Posts: 41

Hi I purshased dome plastic joints, is the first time I would use them so I don't have any idea on how they work.

How they have to be assembled?  bear_cry

Bump!

I suppose I have to glue the disk to the fabric inside of the limb? and the other part inside of the body and later add the washer?

Angela Angela's Bear Garden
St. Catharines, Ontario

TJoint.jpg
I think your joint parts should look like the picture. The disk with the pin sticking out should go in the limb, through to the body. On the inside of the body, use the other disk and then the washer. If you have strong hands, you should be able to push the washer on fairly tight, and then use a thread spool or something else to slip over the pin and push it tighter, placing the other side on a table.
If you use safety eyes, it's really the same process to install them, just on a larger scale. Just make sure it's as tight as you can get it.
I hope this helps!

eatcakevintage Eat Cake! bears and vintage
Ormond Beach, FL

This web page http://www.teddybearsden.com/teddy-bear … nting.html has an illustration of the joint so you can see which side goes where. No glue required, once you push the washer and locking disk on the joint disk it stays perfectly fine. The joint disk is what will go in the arm or leg (or head) so when it is all put together the pointy part will be on the inside of the body of your bear.

Thanks for the info  bear_wub

It looks easy.

HI, I have another question.

I jointed the head of the bear but is not too firm, and the bear nods and the head is a bit loose. a little.

I used the tecnique to joint it like it was in the web link above http://www.teddybearsden.com/teddy-bear … nting.html.

I don't have experience with this, Is the first time I use joints  :(

Maybe is the joint size of the plasement of the joint under the head?

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

I use the plastic joints all the time because I make child safe bears.  I did not look at the website but if you have a loose joint it is because you do not have the joint tight.  Just like all the other type of joint fasteners you have to make sure the joint is tight before you process with the rest of the bear.  This is how I make sure my joints are tight.  I use a thread spool or a socket out of my husband tool box.  Take and put the post part of the joint through the head and body, put on the washer and the locking pieces and then place the post over the spool which is placed on a hard surface and push down hard.  You will hear a little noise as the pieces lock together.  Check the pieces to see that they are all tight.  If you don't understand this, pm me and I will try to explain better.

Eva
www.ejcrafts.com

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Don't know if this will help at all, but I have one little additional thought ..Besides making sure the joint is tight, make sure the body is stuffed well, especially in the neck and shoulders region.
When I started making bears, about 10 months ago (I'm still a rooky), I found I wasn't stuffing firmly enough, especially the body at the neck and shoulders.  Well, also the head itself.  Anyway, it made the head/neck joint seem loose, which it wasn't.
Correct stuffing can make a big difference.  I learned that here on TT. bear_wub

Thanks for the suggestions!!!  :clap:

They worked very well,  problem is solved now.  bear_wub

Board footer