Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Tami,  bear_flower
Thank you for starting this thread!  It's always my favorite at this time of year too.  bear_original   I love all the trees and decorations.  Each is so unique to their family and simple delightful to see!  I love, love, love your Christmas stockings with the animal print top!!  Those are yummy!!  I wish I could stand in your livingroom and just look at each of your glass ornaments.  I'm a nut over the glass figurals!
bear_flower

Paula, I think your little white tree is fantastic!  I love a red and white color scheme.  The daisy lights add a touch of whimsy.  Love it!  I for one, love a Charlie Brown tree. 
bear_flower

Amy, your teddy bear tree is the sweetest thing!!  You've given me the idea to start one for my granddaughter next year....all pink and white teddy bears!!  Thank you!  Oh, and I love your Wizard of Oz figurals over the mantel!!  Those are great!
bear_flower

Now everyone, don't laugh.  I've never seen A Christmas Story so I didn't get "the lamp" in Cathy's post. :redface: Show of hands.  How many others didn't get it either?  Surely I can't be the only one.  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  I just thought, what a cool touch of whimsy....and then, what does that tell me about Cathy?  Quirky sense of humor!!!  You ROCK Cathy!  I simply must watch that movie now. 
bear_flower

I've never seen or heard of a snowing tree.  Isn't that the neatest thing?!!  That now tops my most unusual and cool tree list.  It bumped the spinning psychedelic tree right out of the top spot.  I've always thought the spinning tree was the coolest thing!  New most unusual and cool tree....the snowing tree! 
bear_flower

Brenda, you are right!  That is Miss Tilly!!  She wasn't so sure about being in a jar for the month but when she realized she could gaze at the Christmas tree...and be safe from Max....she was tickled pink!
bear_happy  bear_flower

Oh, and this is the picture over the mantel you asked about Cathy.  It's actually a print of a rose I've had for...well cripes!...for ages.  Must be close to twenty years now.  I found the shabby, chippy ultra heavy frame last year on one of my antique adventures.  The two were meant for each other, I think.  The frame has the original wavy bubble glass so the whole thing looks very old and rich with an old gold and tarnished silver look to it.  Anyway, there you go!
bear_flower

Okay, now I'm off to finish up my Christmas cards.  Have a most lovely day everyone!!

Hugs and hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Cathy Forcino Apollo Beach, Florida
Website

Beeeeutiful flower print.  From a distance, I thought you had an old bear pic ;-)

I think everyone should take up a collection to get Aleta the Christmas Story dvd.  No one should be that deprived- haha.

Here's a couple small videos I found of the tree snow.  I don't have a video to make one myself.  Sorry.

http://www.cathylynnforcino.com/snowingtree.html

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

That is soooooo cool, Cathy!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Website

Thank you, Sue Ann.  My tree doesn't spout up quite as high since I have a tall tree.  If the tree is too short, it looks like a whale spout  :crackup:

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Yes it does!! Thank you! :crackup:

edspencer tEDDIE bears
Wichita, Ks.

Everyone's beautiful trees makes mine look so puny from last year.  Haven't put one up this year, we'll see.   I did get some stuff up in the kitchen but really not into decorations this year.  Best wishes to everyone for the holidays. 
2007tree.jpgkitchendecorations.jpg

mingrul Our Blue Iguana

:clap:  :clap: wow.. everyone home's is so festive and lovely! I love the lamp! where do u get those! it would be so cool to have that one.. the only tree i have is about 3" high! bear_grin  :redface: hehehe

thanks for sharing those wonderful photos ladies.. :hug:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Ed I love your tree from last year!  And boy am I envious of your kitchen  bear_innocent

Gemma82 Wakefield
Website

Wow, those are some nice trees!  This year our tree is in our bedroom where the cats can't get at it, it's only a 5ft one but I love it and it makes our room really cosy.  We can sit up there and watch Christmas comfort films without having our toes bitten and being jumped on every 2 minutes!

Captured_2008-12-7_00000.JPG

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

I love this thread every year.  It's like a Christmas Home Tour.  So fun and festive ! ! !  Here's mine:
Christmas tree in living room:
0a_tree_monday_Small.jpg
Entryway table
  0_entry_way_WinCE.jpg 
Tree in dining room with the hubster's fishing ornaments:
    0tree_2_WinCE.jpg
Living room fireplace
0mantel_WinCE.jpg   
Nativity in living room (my mom made this for us a few years ago. It's large, the camels are about 8 inches tall)
0_nativity_Small.jpg

Kristina Kristina Bears
Edmonton
Website

Cathy..I absolutely LOVE the leg lamp!!!  bear_wub WHERE did you get it from??? I for one would love to get one and I have a co-worker who would love one as well. WHERE WHERE OH WHERE!!!  :pray:

Quick question

I'm having such trouble taking a nice pic of my Christmas tree. Any pointers?? They either come out where the lights have movement or the entire tree is blurry. I've tried with a flash without..tripod no tripod, daytime nighttime...I just can't seem to get it right.

Anyone have any tips?

Kristina

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Hi Kristina,
Cathy is off the computer I'm sure for the night but here is the link she gave me. 
http://www.redriderleglamps.com/product … N=77451067
I ordered mine 2 days ago after searching all over the net. This was by far the best deal!! I saw several for over $200 and as high as $400!!
Hugs,
Cyndee

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website
edspencer wrote:

Everyone's beautiful trees makes mine look so puny from last year.  Haven't put one up this year, we'll see.   I did get some stuff up in the kitchen but really not into decorations this year.  Best wishes to everyone for the holidays. 
http://www.teddy-talk.com/upload/200812/2007tree.jpghttp://www.teddy-talk.com/upload/200812 … ations.jpg

Ed,
I'm with you!  I did get out my stuffed Grinch and Max.  Hopeefully ,seeing all of these beautiful decorations will inspire me.  We don't put our Christmas tree up until Christmas Eve at our house.  We go out and cut one every year the weekend before Christmas.  They are real Charlie Browners.  They aren't perfect like the trees you get at the lots.  These trees are light on branches and heavy on character!  They do look pretty decorated with lots of handmade ornaments.  Both my husband and I have ornaments that we made as children, plus all of the ornaments our children have made.  The final touch is all of the hand crocheted snowflakes that my hubby's grandma made for me the first year we were married.  She made me so many and no two are alike!   I do decorate the house with other things prior to Christmas Eve but the tree never goes up before then and always comes down on New Years day.  It's a family tradition but I am the only one of three still carrying it on.

Hugs,
Alison

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Isn't it funny how some years it's really hard to get into Christmas?  The last two years were like that for me, but this year my decorations have been up for a week - I just have to remember to take pics and post them.  I just get a little discouraged because hubby and two kids always go overboard - I just wish we could tone it down.  It's like having 3 extra little kids, along with our grandson.  I guess that's better than living with Scrooge, but it would be nice to have a happy medium  bear_grin

hugs,

Brenda

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh I LOVE this thread every year!!!!  I've been getting a few things out here and there very slowly... but we are going to go pick out our tree tomarrow.... I'm praying for another skinny tree this year!  :pray:  It can even be tall... just not the giganic monstrosity of two Christmasses ago.  I am still finding pine needles from THAT one!   bear_ermm   I'll post pics when it's all done up!

Here's my blog post about trees for those who weren't around two Christmasses ago...

http://wildthymeoriginals.wordpress.com … ving-room/

Kim Basta

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Christmas-2008-album-015.jpgHere is our Christmas tree this year.  I usually put up two trees but because I don't have much Christmas spirit this year, we only put up this one.  I didn't decorate the house much either. 

Eva
www.ejcrafts.com

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

IMG_1375.jpgIMG_1373.jpgA couple of my favorite things.  Being originally from Pennsylvania I tend to decorate a bit more country than most of the southwest folks.  It is still hard to get into the Christmas spirit for me when the temperatures are so warm.  But I think because of that the outdoor decorations  here are spectacular.  It is easy to get outside when it is so nice.

A 1920's stick bear with a paper mache goose, and a small part of my Santa collection,  I have been collecting for 25 years.
Joanne

ps  Alison, we had the same tradition growing up.  My parents put the tree up after we went to bed, we always thought Santa did it.  Oh when I think of the sleepless Christmas Eves they must of had.  Did you also do that when the kids were little?

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

It is wonderful seeing everyone's decorations.
Unfortunatly I don't have a tree up.
Three years ago I went to put mine up only to have found that ALL my christmas decorations had seemed to vanish. I have yet to find them. It is very depressing as I had some that my Grandmother had made and most of the others we have had since I was a kid, inherited from my mother as she passed away in 1993. I will probably do another search for them this year.
But as I work retail and I don't have kids Christmas isn't really all that fun for me anyway.  bear_sad
Beth

Website

Hi Joanne,
I'm originally from Western Pa, so I like your decorations very much!  Yes, Cyndee is right - I was offline.  We had a storm that knocked out our telephone lines for over a day.  So, no phone, no internet.  Gee, I got lots done - ha. Anyway, I did some research and found that link to have the best price on the large lamps.  You can get the small ones, but they aren't the same at all.  I think ours was a litttle under 200.00.  The link I sent Cyndee is a GREAT deal!  Hope you get one.
Hugs,
Cathy

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

I thought I remembered seeing a leg lamp in the Sky Mall magazine when I came home last month.  Sure enough, they do have one, but it's a 20 inch model ($39.00).  They also have a leg lamp string of lights (cute).   

http://www.skymall.com/shopping/detail. … 2713978&c=

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

I am looking at an empty house except for tons of boxes! I'm moving over Christmas week bear_wacko It's actually kind of freeing. I've worked hard at giving things away. It felt really nice donating so much stuff before the Holiday and I don't miss any of it. I finished all my Christmas pieces and my Christmas Show and now I'm completely free  bear_tongue ! I feel like a little kid, wandering around Seattle just looking at the Christmas decorations and listening to the music. No one expects anything traditional from me and I'm not going to try to make this a traditional Christmas. Heck, I'll probably only have a bed and a couple of dishes unpacked by then and I'm still not sure of my new telephone number?
Happy Holidays to everybody no matter how you choose to enjoy it  :hug:
Karen
KJ Lyons Design
P.S. Not moving far, just a little closer to the center of Seattle.

Teddy Tales My Teddy Tales
Massachusetts

002.JPG2008-xmas-031.JPG2008-xmas-026.JPG2008-xmas-027.JPGWell here's my tree, I haven't had time to put anything else up,( my husband being sick ). So I thought I would at least put up a tree. I normally put up a green tree, but I have always wanted a white tree. So this year I did.

All these homes and  trees are beautiful,   I do look forward to seeing the xmas tree pics every year!!!     

Bear hugs
                                                            Louise

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Love the white with blue and that puppy is a cutie pie!  bear_wub

nandesign Posts: 361

Hi Everyone...The trees and decorations looks lovely...love your tree and beautiful home Tami...and your avatar is so sweet...love your pup!
Thought I would share a couple of pics of my home...you can see more pics on my blog.

Keep the trees coming...
Hugs, NancyDec4-08_.jpgXmasMantle-08.jpg

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi Nancy, your tree is wonderful, love your mantel...love those glass display cabinets.....where did you get those? bear_wub

Board footer