Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

PC210164.jpg

I thought i'd be brave and share with you the first bear i have finished since joining.

He's a Mohair Panda made from Intercal mohair in a light brown and a pale pink colour. He's cotter pin jointed and has ultrasuede and vintage upholstery paw pads.

He's been made from a pattern from Teddy Bear Scene (Sugar plum panda).

He's my first attempt at needle sculpting and has been scissor sculpted too. He's a present for my best friend at work, who loves bags - hence the little bag charm, and i hope he raises a smile.

I'm not very happy with his nose, but i love everything else.

My little sister has named him Phillip - Strangley, i think it suits him.  bear_wub  I'll leave his new mummy to name him properly.

Happy Christmas to you all,

Love Julia.

P.s. Any advice greatfully recieved.  bear_thumb I have been making bears for only about 4 months now.

bearlykidzbears Bearly Kidz Bears
Lodi, Ca.

AWWW.... He's very cute :clap:  :clap:   Good Job bear_thumb

Laurie Brady Bears By Laurie Brady

I love Pandas and this one is no exception.  Great job!

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

I think you have done a wonderful job with your first bear Julia.  My first bear didn't even look like a bear, it looked like a wombat!!

I love the detail you have done on the pads.  Your friend is going to be thrilled with her gift.

FrizzyBear New York

From one who hasn't started my first bear yet.......still collecting bits for him/her (is that a good excuse?), I think your little panda is adorable!   bear_thumb

Birgitta's bears Uppsala, Sweden

I think you had done a great job to be your first bear!
You even managed to get an expression in his face, that means your a very talent girl!

hugs
Birgitta

wigglesbears Wigglesbears

Oh WOW hes lovely! and what a lovely idea to give as a christmas gift to your friend, let us know what she thinks of him bear_wub  My first bear looked like something that had been in a road accident!  :crackup:

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

What a cute! Your friend is going to LOVE him  bear_wub 

You've done a great job and I know where you are coming from regarding noses, quite often I have to redo mine, I do find felt templates helpful, maybe you can give it a go.

Hugs Ali

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

Thanks guys  bear_wub

I have made about 5 or 6 before this one. My first bear is a very sorry looking understuffed guy with one loose eye... :crackup:  Phillip is just my first effort at needle sculping and first one i've made since i joined here. it's still early days.  bear_grin  I might give the templates a go thank you!

customteddys Custom Teddys
Juneau, Alaska

Hi Julia! I love your bear! And you'll be hooked for sure on making future bears. As I've learned, practice makes perfect and you're off to a great start!! Thanks for being brave enough to share :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Vicki

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Excellant work, the paws look terrific.

Noses are a pain for me as well as I am never happy with the ones I do.

I do like to do needlefelted noses..have a go at that..a little easier than embroiding..

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Very nice panda bear! Especially that he's only your 5th or 6th!  I'm sure he was able to get a smile from his new mom bear_original
   Know what you mean about the nose....I have just started to wax my nose thread  :doh:   ...that helps a lot! bear_grin
   Look forward to seeing your 6th or 7th one!
          hugs,
             JeannieB bear_original

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

Thanks  bear_grin  I have just invested in some proper perle cotton and wax - it doesn't help that i have been using embroidery silks as I cross stitch and we have zillions of colours lying about in my house but they do tend to lie rather messily.

His new mum loved him so much that she took him with her when she went back to visit her family at christmas. I can safely say he is well loved. I've kept most of the ones i've made and it's beginning to look a little crowded round here. I've just bought a new bear kit and some synthetic fur to try. Why couldn't i have picked a cheap hobby?  :crackup:  Seriously though, i'm finding bear making very theraputic.

Board footer