Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

I returned to may car from doing some shopping today to find it had been broken into and some earlier shopping taken plus my GPS system and some other stuff. I feel so angry I could just SPIT!!

Since Dad died last December I spend each Wednesday with Mum....we do some shopping, have a coffee and donut (OK I don't need the donut but I like them!!) and then do her grocery shopping.

Today we bought some last minute Christams presents (for my daughter and deom Mum to me) and this ..huge!! box of origami paper and book and Lara.......so I decided to drop it back to the car rather than walk around the grocery shop with it. This according to the police was my mistake as someone was obviously watching and seeing me return to the shops decided to help themselves to my shopping!!

The punched the lock out on the drivers door and after grabbing the shopping went through the glovebox and centre console and found my GPS system they took that and my daughter music notes!!! , her car charger for her nintendo DS lite, a swiss army knife and a small purse with Daffy Duck on it and 6 car fuses........go figure. 

But what makes me really mad is all that for all he took he'll get about $50 down the pub as the GPS system is now 2 years old and 2 new modle have come out......without a syncing cable, manual or window bracket ( I didn't have that in the car)  he'll get so little........but it will cost me a few hundred to replace it!!!

SO there goes money for Christmas for me as I will replace it.........it has saved so many domestics when we are navigating to places.......Garth doesn''t argue with it, as he does my navigational skills!!   bear_whistle  bear_whistle

Rotten %^&^^&*(........I hope the fleas of a thousand camels invades his hairy parts.........and bring their crabby cousins for Christmas dinner............just for good measure!!!!!!!

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Sorry to hear of your misfortune! My husband is a Police Detective and as he says this is without a doubt the worst time for break ins! Most big malls here hire extra security just to roam the parking lots to keep and eye out. But the officer was right they were probably watching you! Bums!!! They'll get theirs in the end!  bear_angry

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh Sandra, I'm so sorry, these people don't realise the inconvenience they cause, alongside the thieving of course.  I had my purse stolen by a pick pocket, luckily I dodn't have a huge amount in it (no change there then!  bear_grin ) but it was the fact that all my appointments, cards, etc etc were gone - and that would cost me phone/fuel to sort out!  Rotten sods the lot of them.  Sorry I can't make it all better, but here's a big hug to maybe help.    :hug:

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

Sandra - how awful for you!  I'd be spitting chips too - all that extra cost and inconvenience of now getting the car fixed and things replaced!  And at this time of year too!

On a lighter note - at least all of those things can be replaced or repaired.  We're all glad that you and your family weren't around when they broke into your car.

I'm with you on the fleas though! 

Have a happy and safe Christmas & New Year.

Marg  bear_original

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Such an awful thing to happen Sandra.  Some people are just unbelievable.  I hope things improve from now on for you after this horrible experience.

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

I hope that @*+@*# has started itching already Sandra, I really hate that there are people out there who think that it's ok to go around ripping the rest of us off!!! bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry
Hope it doesn't ruin Christmas for you and your family, give Lara a hug from me and stay safe  bear_original  bear_original

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Sandra I am SO sorry!!!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

FrizzyBear New York

I'm with you on the fleas!  Go at 'em! 

So sorry that this happened to you. It's unnerving! 

As Linda said, try not to let this ruin your holiday.  He'll get his just desserts.   :pray:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I'm so sorry, Sandra. Something like this can spoil the whole holiday. Great curse; I'll have to remember that.

Another story, thought not at Christmas time...

Allyn was coming out of the grocery store with his basket heading to the car at the same time an elderly woman was going to her car. She unlocked the car and then went around to put her groceries in the trunk. Some guy had followed her to her car, pushed her and her cart aside and took her car. He said it happened so fast and so unexpectedly there wasn't time to stop him. He did help the lady and called the police.

It just shows that we must be ever viligent. Who would think someone would do that? You'd think broad daylight and a grocery store wouldn't be a dangerous place.

Angela Angela's Bear Garden
St. Catharines, Ontario

So sad that this happened to you, but good you didn't get hurt. There are some real mean people in this world. Too bad these jerks don't get caught the first time they do this. They get more daring with every "successful" robbery. The law isn't tough enough... these crimes hurt everyone. :hug:
Have a wonderful Christmas anyways!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  Yes, that sort of slimey stuff gets really frequent around the holidays and I'm so sorry that you were a victim.  Thank goodness it wasn't any worse, but doesn't it still just make your blood boil that some people have no care or feeling for the rights of anyone else?  Off you go, fleas, and make him miserable!

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub Sandra, so sorry to hear about the car breakin, that is just the reason I do not go to the big shopping malls, you have to park so far away during this time of year and I fear for the same thing.  but your wish should be on all our lips about the fleas from the camel, I had to laugh, but I hope we can all make it happen to that dirty rotten scoundral. Happy Holidays anyway.

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Sandra, I hope they itch themselves silly! bear_angry
I believe in Karma.  They will gets theirs!!!
So sorry this happened to you.  Hope it doesn't spoil your Christmas.
Big hug. :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Well OF COURSE you're so upset!  That is so NOT Christmas-spirit-y.  Nasty buggers.

I'm really sorry about the experience you had, and the damper it's put on your holiday buzz. 

Warm wishes to you, hon.   bear_flower

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Sandra,  I had something similer happen in october.  They were watching my house and broke into the Car within minutes of us getting home.  I hope flies eat these basterds alive.  So sorry it happend to you too. :hug:

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Oh doesn't that make you so angry I have had it happen to me (not at Xmas) they even stole the newspaper that was 2 days old . Just bottom feeders it's so unnerving even broke the lock . Maybe it's a good thing you and your mum didn't stumble across them doing it! I took my mum and dad to a show in Sydney and parked at the paddys markets carpark and caught the monorail around when we came back and were walking to the car this guy was lurking around the cars I just kept talking as if nothing was wrong he walked away and hid around the side of the stairwells when we were getting into the car he started to walk back in our direction my mum had her back to him on the passengers side dad and I were on the driver side I just kept saying get in the car mum get in the car mum she didn't know he was there then dad realised what I was doing and said Marie get in the car we got in and locked all the doors the guy stopped and pretended to tie his shoe lace I backed out and as we drove passed him I gave him a mouthful and that I was telling security at the gate! He gave me the bird. @#$^ swine. Scared my mum and dad though . Oh and I don't park there anymore.

hugs

Raewyn

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

My God Raewynn that soooo freaky! They should all be locked up!!

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

He is obviosly a man with no taste as well As I have a little Ted in my car made by Susuan Bartlett of Adorable Teddies..........he's travelled everywhere for about 10 years in my car.......anyway he threw Speedy on the floor and stole a McDonalds free toy that comes with the Happy meals. So what you can say......no honesty, no taste and no morals!!!

Yep and I'll add nits to the curse too!!!

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Sandra,

I am sorry to hear that his has happened to you.

As others have said don't let it ruin the Christmas spirit for you.

Hugs,

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Dear Sandra: That is just terrible. Thieves are out in droves during the holiday season. I've always been told to put purchases in the trunk of the car if not done shopping. But that is hindsight. But the good news is this: nobody was hurt and you and your mom have your life. The thief could have approached you with a gun to get your stuff. So you really got off lucky....Take heart, they are only things...people can't be replaced.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Sandra,
     I am soooo sorry you had Christmas things stolen from your car, but everyone is right - they are only things and can be replaced, if not now, then in the future.  At least you and your mum weren't hurt.
     There have been a huge rash of home break-ins, around our area and the police are really doing a blitz to warn people not to leave doors unlocked and to put Xmas packages away, even in the house, so not to attract thieves.  Doors have been kicked in in a couple of cases.  We never, ever leave packages in the car at any time - we always put everything in the trunk and lock our GPS in the glove box, when we get out of the car.  It doesn't take much to tempt those idiots. 

hugs,

Brenda

Board footer